Too many custard creams

The fam had decided to stay put for the day, and the doctor could not be more angry about it. Well, not angry, unimpressed. Whilst everyone was doing their normal things, Ryan playing basketball in the yard with his mates, Graham attempting to do an online food shop and Yaz cooking a (lovely smelling) dinner, the doctor was sulking on the sofa with her arms crossed.

She had nothing to do, and worst of all, no one to do nothing with. This was the worst.

"Y'know you could do something other than sulk?" Yaz commented playfully from the kitchen, earning a scoff from the blonde. "Yeah, like go on an adventure? Some time other than the present?" The doctor tried, not turning to look at Yaz but pulling a very convincing puppy dog face. She heard a chuckle from behind her, and that was all the answer she needed. That'll be a no then.

She felt something fall into her lap and glanced down curiously, grinning to herself. A 40 pack of custard creams. "If it'll keep you quiet till I finish tea. Don't eat them all." Yaz said, walking behind the doctor and ruffling her hair. The doctor muttered a thanks before she was left to herself again- well, herself and the biscuits.

A while later, Graham found himself frustrated and tired staring at the god forsaken computer screen. He'd been at it for hours and yet couldn't even work out how to add anything to the basket. God damn modern technology. He decided it would be best, and easier, and ask the doctor for help. He would've asked Yaz or Ryan, but they were both clearly busy, and last he heard the doctor was in a mood and doing as close to nothing as possible.

"Hey Doc?" He called as he picked up the computer from his desk and made his way into the living room. The doctor looked up at him and smiled from the sofa, nodding her head in response. "Do you happen to know how to- internet shop? I've been at it for hours, I'm hopeless." He laughed at himself and sat down beside the blonde. She scrunched up her nose and looked at the screen. "Sort of, don't you just add the things you want to the basket and click pay?" She said, pointing to the basket icon in the corner of the screen.

Graham let out a sigh of retaliation as it all started to make sense. Suddenly, the doctor groaned and moved her hand to her stomach, rubbing them up and down gently with her eyebrows clenched. "You alright Doc?" Graham asked softly, looking down at the doctor. She was slouched on the sofa so only her head and neck was resting on the back support.

"Mmmh, yeah, just having some digestive problems. Could you just pass me that packet of custard creams please?" She asked somewhat politely, though her voice was clearly strained. Graham put the laptop on the coffee table in front of them and picked up the packet, handing it to the doctor as she'd asked. "Ah, having some tummy troubles?" He asked, placing his hands in his lap and giving his attention to her.

"Yeah, nothing some custard creams can't fix though!" She chirped. She tore the packet a bit and took out a biscuit, placing it in her mouth and chewing happily. Graham lowered his eyebrows confusedly, taking the packet back and looking at it. Had she eaten all of these? "How are custard creams going to fix a stomach ache?" He asked.

The doctor shrugged, swallowing. "They stop the achey." She smiled innocently, making Graham hum. "Didn't you consider they may have caused the achey?" He said, as if he was talking to a small child. It sometimes was talking to the doctor, especially when she didn't understand something.

"Yaz? Can you come here?" He called into the kitchen, holding the packet away from his face to try and read what was written on it. Yaz came in, apron on and bowl and whisk in hand. "What's up?" She asked, walking to behind where the older man was sat. He held up the wrapper, which was empty aside 5 biscuits, and met her eyes.

"How many were in here?" He asked, Yaz opening her mouth in shock and placing the bowl on the desk behind her, already knowing exactly what was happening. "Doctor? Did you eat all of them?!" She wasn't really asking, she knew what the doctor was like. "How many was in there?" Graham asked again, sitting up as Yaz moved to kneel in front of the slouched blonde. "40!" She said, taking the packet in her hands.

"40? No wonder your stomach hurts! It's not designed for that many biscuits!" Graham said, earning a pout from the doctor. She moaned in response, wriggling to sit up but giving up and falling back down again. "I didn't eat all of them..." she muttered, making Yaz scoff. "Yeah but that's still-" she stopped to count the remaining biscuits in the packet. "35 custard creams! You must be stuffed." She melted into a sympathetic tone, moving her hand to rest on top of the doctor's, who's was resting on her stomach.

She smiled apologetically, making Yaz smile back as her heart clenched. "I think instead of eating more custard creams to stop the ache, you should have kip? You'll wake up feeling so much better." Yaz suggested, earning a nod from Graham. The doctor nodded, letting Yaz pull her to sit up. Graham got up and fluffed up the pillows as the blonde lied her head on them.

He mouthed he was going to get Ryan, and Yaz nodded, kneeling down next to the doctor. She was lied on her back on the sofa, coat thrown across the back and feet resting on the arm. She still looked uncomfortable, despite the comfortable position she was in. "You okay Doc?" She asked gently, noting the nod she gave in return. She took a minute to think, before coming to a brash conclusion.

"Do you want me to- um, do you wanna cuddle?" She asked. The doctor seemed surprised at the offer , but her face soon morphed into a smile. "You'd do that for me?" She asked sweetly, feeling the heat rush to her cheeks. Yaz replied by climbing onto the sofa next to her, wrapping her arms around her shoulders and pressing the doctor comfortably into her chest. She gently rested her hand on the doctors slightly swollen stomach and rubbed small circles up and down, making sure not to push too hard, but applying enough pressure to help settle the mess inside.

The doctor began to doze off, even Yaz closed her eyes contently as she felt the blonde relax against her.

Ryan noisily opened the door and slammed it again, confused as to why it was so quiet inside. "Yaz? Graham? Doc? What's with the-" he was interrupted by Graham shushing, pointing to the two girls on the sofa. Yaz was lied next to the doctor, one hand on her exposed stomach and the other around her shoulders, hugging her close. The doctor was smiling, even in her sleep.

Maybe good things can come of way way too many custard creams..