"You are my mate." He let out a long sigh after looking at my confused expression and continued.

"A mate is someone who you feel a connection with on a deeper level at first sight." He explained.

"I don't believe at love at first sight." I glared at him. He seemed nervous, but not in a lying sort of way. He seemed nervous to be talking to me.

"It isn't love at first sight, although sometimes it is. I was paired with you. You are my other half, my soulmate. I was designed to fit your needs as you were mine. No, not in that way- you know what I mean. We have a connection, a chemistry, but you can't feel it yet until you accept it to be true. When you accept us as mates you will begin to feel the bond we have." He smiled and reached for my hand. When his fingers grazed mine I felt shocks run through the palms of my hands. In instinct, I yanked my hand back, but he just smiled.

"You're already feeling them." The happiness in his voice made the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"I don't." I insisted, but he knew better as his smile only brightened.

"What if I want a new mate?" I knew this would push his buttons, but decided to ask for the fun of it. His hand reached out and he took a firm hold on my jaw.

"You're mine." He growled out. The hold he had on me didn't hurt, but the closeness of his lips to mine did. If only- no. He let go of me and sat back up.

"You're playing with fire little mate." He chuckled. "I will not hesitate to mark you right here." The threat scared me even though I didn't understand it.

"Mark me?" I clarified.

"A mates mark is what secures the mate bond. When a wolf finds their mate, they mark their mate to show that they are together. Typically both parties have to mark each other, but because you aren't a wolf I will do the marking." He brought his hand up to my neck and placed his thumb in the divot between my collarbone and base of my neck.

"I will bite you right here to mark you." I yanked away in distaste.

"You will not bite me." I spit out angrily. He only chuckled and put his head in my neck.

"Oh, baby, how wrong you are. I will mark you and you're going to beg." He whispered in my ear. The disgust I felt was unnerving. My fists acted before I had the chance to stop myself, I pounced.

"Fuck you! You have some nerve!" I yelled while my fists came pummeling down into his intestines and chest. I must have caught him off guard because after the few punches that knocked him to his back, he took a hold of my fists.

"Okay okay, I get it." He held onto my hands until they became limp in his hold. After he released them I noticed the small bruises already starting to form.

"You hit hard. That's a good thing." He smiled before recomposing himself and continuing our conversation.

"I know you have more questions." He prodded.

"Yeah, why do people call me Luna?" I questioned shyly. My mood swings are real.

"You're the alpha female. People call me Alpha out of respect, and because you're my mate they will call you Luna out of respect for us and our relationship." Shock filled my body. Our relationship?

"Wait one second, our relationship? There is nothing going on here." I chucked at his funny joke.

"You're mine." He simply stated leaving me gasping like a fish.

"You mean to tell me that we have to be together?" I practically screeched. He covered his ears in pain due to the loud noise. I guess if dogs hear better than humans, then why can't werewolves.