Chapter 14: An Idea

Hello, before you continue reading, I recommend rereading the previous chapter since I have tweaked it to actually make sense with the actual game. I made a small mistake in the order of events in the actual game, which would also affect the story I'm writing. Basically, I fixed an error, and if you don't read the fixed version, this may not make sense to the people who have read the chapter when it was called "The Video". If the first time you read the chapter and it was not called that, don't worry about it.

Shuichi Saihara's P.O.V

          Wait, what!? I don't remember this video being in the pad? How is this in here, and how did I miss something as important as this?

It should be in the-

My train of thought was interrupted when I saw a small USB drive with a monokuma head on the side of it. That answers half of my question, but how he got the drive is my remaining concern.

"W-What..? There was another killing game before this one?" Kaede stuttered. She had wide eyes, and she was becoming pale.

"I don't know either. I think I might have gotten this too early on since I found this USB drive that contained this video dropped in the library. I found it earlier before you two came by," Rantaro explained.

As if on cue, Monokuma showed up out of nowhere.

"Puhuhu...what are you three up to?"

"ACK!" Kaede jumped, bumping into me causing us to both fall back onto the bed.

Rantaro quickly hid the pad from Monokuma so he would see it.

"Nothing that concerns you." Rantaro coolly responded.

I still don't understand how he can be so level headed, especially at a time like this.

"ExCuSe me, Mr. Steal ur girl, everything is my concern, especially if it is on campus. I asked once, I will not repeat myself again. What. Are. You. Three. Up. To?" Monokuma was getting more and more irritated with each and every word.

"Before Amami answers that, are there cameras in our dorm rooms?" Kaede questioned.

I was slightly confused as to why she asked that out of the blue, but it shortly hit me afterward as to why she did. Monokuma stayed silent before responding with a quick and faint "no."

Rantaro had a thoughtful expression on his face before answering Monokuma's previous question.

"We were just talking about things that came to mind. I mean, we need to entertain ourselves in here somehow," Rantaro fibbed.

"Borringg. I was looking forward to hearing about something actually worth my time. This class is my biggest disappointment yet!" Monokuma stormed off after that, causing us to sigh in relief.

"That was close. Well, now we know something else that's pretty important. Our dorms aren't being monitored." Rantaro took out the pad from its hiding spot as he spoke.

Kaede was the next one to speak.

"We're getting sidetracked! We need to build on the information the video gave us! First off, it says our memories were erased. Then it says that you, Amami, participated in another killing game apparently. Not to mention that you wanted this and you have to win this twisted game, and I quote 'no matter what'. Also, there's the fact that before your past self could tell us something important about one of the rules, he got interrupted. And last but not least, you're the Ultimate Survivor. That's a lot we have to discuss if I say so myself."

I agreed with Kaede on that aspect. That is a lot to take in and learn at once.

"Let's start with Amami being the Ultimate Survivor. If you are the Ultimate Survivor, you must have participated in many killing games, right? Do you remember any of them?" Kaede interrogated.

"Of course I don't, our memories got wiped. If I did know, I highly doubt I would want to share any of this information, let alone end this killing game. I want all of us to make it out of here alive, so that's why I'm even trying to help you guys," Rantaro explained.

"Wait, could I look at the perk one more time?" I asked.

He nodded and handed me the pad. It basically showed the map of the entire campus, including the current undiscovered floors. It also gave a hint as to how to stop the killing game. It said something along the lines of if you want to end the killing game, the best chance to expose the mastermind to end it is when Monokuma needs a spare. The mastermind will head to the hidden room. It also confirmed that the mastermind is in the school.

There was something else bothering me, but I couldn't quite figure out what it was.

Wait, that's what's bothering me.

"Why didn't Monokuma shoo us away from you? Wouldn't he be suspicious of you telling us this?" I ask.

"Hm, I never thought of that. I'm not too sure actually," Rantaro pondered.

"What if he wants this to happen? He can't be that oblivious, so that's the only explanation I can think of." I was just making an assumption at that point, but I think I'm correct.

Since people are watching this, he needs to make it entertaining. Well, she needs to make it entertaining. I'm not going to let it happen just like last time though, I can say that.

"Well anyway, we need to expose the mastermind, and as soon as possible. Since we have the cameras set up, we just need to make the mastermind enter the hidden room. How we do that is the question. Do you have any ideas Saihara?" Kaede wondered.

I thought about it, and I came up with an idea. Since Monokuma is a robot, maybe leading him into water or something to destroy him could cause Tsumugi to get a spare, and then we can expose her. I told Rantaro and Kaede about this, and we thought about it until we heard a knock on the door.

I'm backkk
Anyway, thank you all for being patient, I appreciate it.