Chapter 7

I make my way through the crowded hallways into my room and sit silently on my bed. My room has hardly any decorations. I go to my office in the crowded academy, Head Of Physical Combat. There is a massive pile of papers just screaming my name. Sighing, I take out the first paper and start reading it. On closer look, it tests me on my knowledge of vampires. I flip the pages until I hear about 4 people come into my room. I decide to play a little game with Lissa, Eddie, Christian and Dimitri. I keep turning the pages and start acting, thanking myself for the drama lessons. I slam the book on the table and whack my head against the wooden table.

There’s a knock on the door and I quickly lift my head and slam my guardian mask into place. Am enters my office looking nervously around.

“Rose?” He whispers.

“Am, what’s wrong?” I get up and make my way around the table to stand in front of him.

“I can’t, I can’t do it.”

“What can’t you do?” I look him in his eyes softly.

“I can’t dance with you... you’re perfect and flawless in everything and I’m... I’m just Am the dumb guy who does lame ballet and drops his girl whenever he lifts her.”

“Am, you’re fine ok? Show me what you’ve been working on.” I pull my boots off and point my toes. Stepping back onto the tip of my toes, he holds my arm as he walks around, with me spinning around. Then, I fall back into his arms and lift my leg up straight. Suddenly, he grabs my thigh that’s on the floor and pulls it against his leg, he then turns around quickly with my leg neatly tucked into his and then lets me down. “Was there anything wrong with that?” I put my boots back on.

“I guess not... sorry for wasting your time. Don’t we have a training session next?”

“We do, but give me a minute I just have to get something.” I quickly lie because Lissa I still standing flat against the wall in the shadows. Am gives me a questioning look before running off. I abruptly turn to my desk, leaning over I start to speak.

“Lissa, Eddie, Christian and Dimitri I know you’re there, I see you, I feel you and you aren’t exactly quiet.” They sheepishly step out the shadows.

“How?” Lissa asks.

“You don’t wanna know.” I grin before making my way to the training room. I can hear them follow me so I just roll my eyes and find Am sprinting on the treadmill. I see he’s been running for 10 minutes at an 10 and I press the top button and he turns around with a look of annoyance on his face. As soon as he sees me, his face turns into a smile and I drag him to the middle of the room.

“Attack me.” I shrug my shoulders. He runs at me and waits until the last moment to launch his fist. I swing my legs out before he manages the chance to hit me. He lands on the ground with a loud THUD! Groaning, he gets back up and decides to try and throw me to the floor. Bad move is all I can say. As his hands shoot out to yank me to the floor, I stretch my foot up and kick across his wrists, leaving a bruise on it. His hands drop and I jump on him, my arms restraining his arms, my legs pushing his to the floor. I flip back up and drag him with me. This time, I decide to attack first, running at him and using the wall as an propel device, jump up using my elbow to leave a good bruise on his cheek. He falls to the ground and I grab a blunt stake from under the table, running towards him and sitting on top of him cross-legged style. I lean forward and touch the stake to his dhampir heart. “Dead.” I pronounce. He grins at me and I let him get up. “Punching bag.” I smile at him. He starts to kill the punch bag. When I stop him, we go for 25 laps around the field. I run beside him and increase my speed making him match my speed and then we finish as the bell goes for dinner. I start packing away my stuff and I look in the mirror to see Am charging towards me preparing to take me down. I grab his arms and pull him to the floor. “Nice try.” Am walks over to the iPod player and plays a tango song. Dance in link!! Skip to 1:48!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 After we finish, I usher him out of the room. Lissa corners me.

“You’re coming to the café with me.” She orders me.

“But Lissa!” I whine and she drags me with her. “Where’s Roxy and Lily?” I worry. As if on cue, Sparky walks back into the hallway with Roxy in his arms. She runs to me and I walk with her on my hip and Lily walking at my heals. We sit at a table and Roxy devours a whole sandwich and chips.

“So, she’s got the Hathaway appetite then?” Eddie grins.

“Takes after her mother.” I grin.

“So, who was the father?” Lissa leans in at the table. Eddie, Sparky and even Dimitri leans in to hear my answer.

“Wow, didn’t know you guys were so interested.” I acted in mock surprise.

“So...” Lissa winks.

“Why would I tell you?” I groan. Lissa’s eyes glaze over as she stares into my eyes.

“Lissa stop using compulsion on me!” I yell and she smugly snaps out of it.

“So...” She asks again.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” I muttered.

“Wait, so... dhampir and dhampir. Oh my god. It’s Dimitri!” Lissa screeches. I can feel his eyes on my face and I keep looking down.

“Lilly.” I whisper and she growls at anyone that gets within a metre within my range. “Don’t, just don’t.” I mutter and stand up. Dimitri moves towards me and Lilly jumps at him. I grab her collar and yank her away from Dimitri’s arm. I drag her out of the room, leaving Roxy with Sparky and make it to my office before letting my guardian mask slip.