Chapter 13: The Book of Strength

Start from the beginning

"Brandon, I don't know what to say", Jenn says.

"You don't have to say anything", Brandon says leaning in and kissing Jenn.

Jenn kisses him for a moment then slowly pushes him away.

"Brandon I can't", Jenn says.

"Yes you can", a voice says.

They look over to notice Khalil sticking his head out.

"Khalil how long have you been there", Jenn ask.

"Doesn't matter, what matters is you and him and I give my blessings", Khalil says.

"Blessings, your not my father, and I didn't say I can't because of you, I said I can't because I can't go through losing someone I love again", Jenn says.

"You love me", Brandon replies.

"That doesn't matter because I can't get close to someone knowing what we do as a living and how dangerous it is, I mean Khalil died", Jenn says.

"Everything's gonna be fine", Brandon says.

"Agreed! It's in the past", Khalil says.

"You don't know that, & Khalil you of all people should understand", Jenn says.

"Like I said, Move on it's in the past", Khalil says.

"I can't and I won't", Jenn says.

Just then her watch goes off.

"And we have a mission to do", Jenn says.

Khalil walks back downstairs with Brandon and Jenn following.

"Okay guys this is Alissa she has Telekinesis powers meaning she can control everything with her mind", Gambi says.

"Okay call it", Anissa says flipping the coin.

"Heads", Brandon says.

It lands on Head.

"Ok let's go suit up", Jeff says.

The men all stand up and walk out. Once they arrive to the scene they are fully suited. Alissa sees them and walks towards them.

"Wow so you guys travel in pacts now", Alissa says.

"How can you speak so good all of a sudden", Black Lightning says.

"My master has a way with Technology", Alissa says.

"Who is your master?", Black Lightning ask.

"None of your business", Alissa replies.

"Okay a little less talking, a little more capturing", Brandon says.

They all take off running towards her. She picks up a car with her mind and launches it at them.

"Black Lightning!", Dionté yells.

They all dive out of the way.

"Black Lightning why didn't you stop the car with a lightning bolt", Dionte ask standing up.

"If I had done that the car would have exploded over us", Black Lightning says.

"I got this", Khalil says pulling out some knives and launching them at her.

She slows them down and redirects them at them. They all jump out of the way. Khalil fires his guns at her but she does the same thing with the bullets.

"How about you stop throwing and shooting things at her, before you kill one of us", Brandon says.

Dionte tries to freeze her but she starts throwing cars their way so they had to keep dodging them.

"I'll try she can't redirect wind", Brandon says.

When he sends a wind gust her way she goes flying over buildings out of site.

"Great now we have to go find her", Black Lightning says taking off.

Back at the Pierce house another pod kid has been spotted in North Freeland.

"Okay this is Julian he's a skilled Marksman, he's kinda lot Khalil but he's been programmed to kill and not think", Gambi says.

"Okay ladies let's roll out", Anissa says.

They all get up and run out of the door. When they arrive, Julian is about to snap a ladies kneck. Thunder, does a thunder claps knocking him back a few feet.

"Act now, ask questions later", Thunder says running up.

She begins fighting Julian and they are neck and neck. Grace joins in but he's still keeping up.

"Grace keep fighting Julian, Thunder load Erica up with enough power to grab him and throw him my way, I can disable him in the air", Lightning says.

Thunder starts punching Erica till she can't take anymore. Erica grabs Julian and throws him at Lightning. Lightning shocks him in mid air knocking him out. Anissa catches him. Anissa pulls out her watch.

"Boys we've got ours what's your status report", Anissa says.

"Girls we've lost Alissa but she's coming your way", Black Lightning says.

"We'll take care of her", Thunder says.

Alissa turns the corner and notices them standing up there waiting.

"More hero's, wow", Alissa says throwing a car.

Thunder breaks it with one punch. She starts to inch closer to Alissa.

"Don't worry babe this one's all mine, Erica get Julian to Lynn's facility", Grace says morphing into an tiger and attacks Alissa.

Just then 4 men come out of no where and put neck braces around Thunder and Lightning, then throw them in the back of a van. Grace stops fighting to help but it's too late, when she turns back around Alissa is gone.

Grace calls Gambi and Lynn to tell them what happened.

"Jeff come in Jeff", Gambi says over Black Lightning's intercom.

"Yeah what's up?", Jeff ask.

"Anissa and Jenn were just kidnapped, so come here as fast as you can, and be careful", Gambi says.

Jeff takes off but seconds later a dart hits in the leg. He slows down and pulls it out then falls out of the sky. 4 black men takes him and throws him in the back of a van.

"Jeff what happened", Gambi says. But there is no answer.