Chapter 21

One week later
Izzy's POV   

"Happy, what is going on, I have kept my mouth shut all week but I want to know why there is a bike and prospect sitting outside my house every night your not here since the IPad went down last week?" I asked as Happy walked into the house.

Tonight was the first time I was letting Gabby go and stay with Happy for the night. Maria was going to be there. She had been released from the hospital and doing really well. Getting stronger everyday. Not that he should have been but he had stayed on the couch a few nights during the week. I hadn't had the heart to kick him out cause he usually fell asleep with Gabby on the couch. I would take Gabby to her room and cover him up on the couch.

My first week at work was overwhelming, lots of learning, lots of getting lost. The only thing that seemed to go well in the first week was Gabby did amazing at the daycare.   

"What are you talking about?" he said acting all confused.   

"Don't pull that shit with me Happy Lowman, I deserve to know what is going on." I said angerly.

"Babe, nothing is wrong, I promise. Jax just wanted to make sure you two where safe, you are like a little sister to him." Happy said before heading into the livingroom to find Gabby.   

"Daddy!" I heard her scream when she seen him as I stayed standing in the entrance fuming. I knew he was lying to me and I wanted to know why.   

"Momma, I go to daddy's now." Gabby said as they walked out of the living room, Happy was carrying her.  

"Yes baby, you go have fun with Daddy and abuela." I said as I grabbed her bag.  

"Momma, I need Belle." She said frantically as she squirmed in Happy's arms for him to put her down. He did and she took off to her room.  

"Happy...."I started to say.   

"Isabella, it is to keep the most important people in my life safe when I cant be around. Babe this is one of those battles that you don't want to fight me on." He said staring at me intensely. I glared at him as Gabby came running back with her unicorn and Mav following.  

"Bye Mavy, wove you." She said before hugging and kissing the dog. Happy picked her up again.  

"I wove you momma, momma come too?" she said as she leaned over and hugged my neck.

   "Not this time baby, you go have fun with Daddy. See your new room." I said. Happy had gotten Gemma to help him make a room into Gabby's own Princess castle.  I seen pictures, it was pretty amazing, she was going freak out when she seen it.

"Iz, you can come along, Mav is ok at the house." Happy said.  

"No, you go, I want you guys to have this time together." I said. Happy gave me this weird look.  

"I love you babygirl." I said before kissing Gabby's cheek. I walked with them out to the porch. 

  "Bike?" Gabby said looking around. There was a black truck in the driveway behind my car. 

  "When you are older Gabs, we gotta use the truck."Happy said. It made me smile that he was trying to be a responsible father. Maverick whined beside me as he pressed into my side.  

"Its ok bud, she will be back tomorrow." I said as I pet his head. I watched Happy put Gabby in the back seat and close the door.   

    "You sure you are ok here?" he asked looking up at me standing on the porch.  

"Hap, I am fine, I am a big girl and I have the best security around." I said looking down the street as I heard a bike coming. I knew my watch dog for the night was on the way.