Sophie

Helloooooo everyone! Here is the next chapter:) I hope that you guys will like it!! I really worked hard on this one. Thank you all for voting, commenting and reading!! You guys are amazing, it means so much to me!!

Anyways, on with the story!:D

Sophie's POV

I groaned, then internally winced at my gesture. My head throbbed as if something was slamming against it constantly and my throat was dry and parched. I wanted to feel cool, fresh water run down it, and I craved for a breath of clean air, not the stuffy hotness that suffocated me as I tried to get up.

'What?' I thought, as I felt the tight ropes that bound me to the chair, cutting into my skin, making it a nasty shade of red. Suddenly, a flood of memories hit me as I slumped in my chair. The man with the wolf teeth and huge muscles.

My head suddenly shot up as I remembered what I discovered. Gisela. Gisela Sencen was holding me hostage.

'Why?' I thought as I wondered what Biana was doing, what Fitz was doing. And I sat there. Wondering, hoping  that they would come. If anyone would come, to save me from the overwhelming darkness that took up so much of the space. So much of me.

I tried to stop the memories that flashed in my head, but I was powerless as I saw my house burning. Saw the fire that killed my whole family. And I was the only one that survived.

'That happened eight years ago.' I reminded myself, trying to cool my burning eyes. But that didn't stop the picture of my younger sister take place in my head, her curly brown hair up in a pony tail and her green eyes gleaming with that little bit of mischievousness that was always present.

I stared at the ground, my eyes watering with anger, hurt, and loss. And that is when the screaming started. "Please help me! Anyone!" I screamed with desperation. I was about to yell again when suddenly I heard footsteps and a beam of light shot through the suffocating darkness.

I looked up and saw his ice blue eyes first, smooth and beautiful, like a clear pool of water. Then my eyes shot up to his artfully tousled up hair. Keefe. I didn't realize that I whispered it until he ran up to me, a line of red rimming both his eyes.

"Sophie." His voice broke. "Sophie. I'm so sorry." He then turned toward someone and said, "What are you doing to her? Let. Her. Go. Now." His voice was calm. Dangerously, scary calm. As if he was so angry, frustrated, and put all that force into those last words. The person he was talking to stepped forward and I recognized her as Gisela Sencen.

I bit back a growl and studied her, with a mask of calm. Her face was beautiful, with perfect arching brows, stunning ice blue eyes, and full deep red lips, but it was all so cold and calculating. As if her beauty was a weapon, and she knew exactly what it did. She smiled gently at her son, the tenderness on her face, softening her features.

"Oh, Keefe. How much you have to learn. Judging by that heroic play of pretending to care about her, I'm guessing you know her. How fortunate! It will make things a lot more fast." She said smoothly, knowing exactly how to get into Keefe's head. A flash of anger went through his handsome face.

'Wait-what?' I asked myself. 'Did I just say handsome? All the more proof that I need to get out of here.' I said, silently snorting, then mentally slapping myself for thinking about that right now, considering my circumstances.

Lady Gisela stalked up to me, her stunning blue dress flowing out behind her. "Now Sophie, you are probably wondering why you are here." I was tempted to roll my eyes at her.

'Duh!' I thought, but said, "Yes. Why am I here?" I looked at my hands. "Let me go." I yelled, straining my arms against the ropes.

Keefe looked at me, tears filling those eyes. He rushed over and took my hand. "You're okay Sophie. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He said, rubbing my hand softly. I stared gratefully into his beautiful eyes.