Chapter 20

1:00 AM

2nd person's point of view:

"Once again, it is a pleasure having all of you. Goodnight,"

With that being proclaimed, a round of applause from the audience followed. The event has now adjourned and people are starting to pour their way out of the courtyard. While some individuals, including your father, headed towards a private room.

Intently, your gaze follows those who are heading towards the mentioned room.

"Seriously, you've been spacing out too much," Killua observed. His sudden presence made you slightly jolt up in surprise somehow.

"Are you tired?" Killua asks, his voice lacing with worry. Bringing your attention towards the male, you can tell how concerned he is just by looking at his soft blue eyes.

The corner of your lips then curved into a reassuring smile, "Not really. You and Alluka should probably head first. Besides, after all that happened, you must be pretty exhausted," you brought your hands towards Killua's cheeks, lightly pinching it playfully.

Killua with his mischievous smile, caught your hand and eyed you lovingly, "I'll never get tired with you~" he purred.

A soft chuckle then escaped your lips. His sudden realization somehow baffled himself in the process, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks.

He let go of your hand, "D-Does that sounded dirty?" the silver-haired fellow stammered.

"Huh?! Of course not, w-what were you thinking?"

"I don't know! What were you thinking?" Killua brought the question back to you, his face becoming more redder than usual.

"It just... sounded cheesy," you snicker.

Irritated, "Shut it," Killua spats, "You should be grateful I'm here," he muttered with a pout.

"I am grateful,"

With that being said, along with the sight of you smiling sweetly made Killua flinch in surprise, averting his gaze away from you quickly, "I-I said, shut it... it's embarrassing," he spats once again shyly, whispering to himself the last part of his sentence.

"But seriously, Killua. You need rest. Just call me as soon as you arrive home," you smiled, slightly bringing your hand up to cup his cheek.

With that, Killua felt rather fuzzy as soon as he felt your warmth from your soft hand. Casually, he brought his hand on top of yours - the one cupping his cheek - and gave you a lovingly look.

'This isn't real. This is too good to be true,' Killua thought to himself for the nth time tonight. He's completely dazed by looking at your glistening (eye color) eyes.

"Killua, are you listening?"

This snapped the male back to reality, "H-Huh? Call you? You mean... right now? Is your phone lost or something?" Killua asked worriedly as he frantically looks for his phone in his pockets.

"N-No. Killua..." you call on him with a nervous chuckle. He still kept looking for his phone, until realization hit him when he felt nothing in his pockets.

"Crap," Killua sighed deeply, raking his silver locks with his fingers, "I lost my phone," he eventually admits with an awkward laugh, scratching the nape of his neck.

"Ahh... right," you sweat dropped. You suddenly remember the sight of Hisoka's face being hit by a flying phone earlier.

"Sweetie?"