Chapter 02

Tuesday
Lunch Break

"You were asking what's going on between (Your name) and I, right?"

Everyone looked at Killua, waiting for his further statement. The silverette snuck his hand on yours, intertwining his fingers to yours after, "She's my girlfriend, so back off. She is mine. If I ever hear your filthy mouths calling her on such names again... You'll get it," he muttered, his venomous voice sends shivers down their spines.

Your eyes went wide in surprise, "What did you say?" you asks him discreetly, cheeks are turning red.

"Eh?! Girlfriend?"

"Wait, Killua has a girlfriend? That dude never told us!"

"How come tho? I've never seen them talk to each other in campus at all,"

Various of whispers can only be heard which is making you feel overwhelmed. Killua somehow noticed this and drags you out from the cafeteria by the hand.

The two of you can be seen making your way through the halls, eyes from the students are following you two.

You arrived soon to a secluded place, where the vending machines are located at. Taking a seat on the bench,
Killua glances up to you to see your messy state.

Soon after he realizes he is smiling and immediately covers his mouth with his hand, his cheeks blushing madly.

"A-Are you alright?" you asked with concern lacing your voice.

Killua reluctantly nodded and looks away. He fishes out some coins from his pockets and purchases two beverages, tossing to you your (Favorite beverage) after.

"How did you know I like this?" you inquires, raising a brow at him.

"I always see you drinking it every single day, what do you expect," Killua mutters, looking the other way as he responds.

You soon went silent after hearing his response, drinking the beverage quietly.

Silence ensued the two of you that only the sounds of birds chirping can be heard. Although its getting a bit awkward between them, you proceeded on breaking the ice.

"Why would you say that I'm yours?" you mutter, only for both of them to hear.

Killua pauses for a moment and think of something he could respond. He didn't actually know what came to him when he announces you as his girlfriend.

"U-Uhm," Killua trails off, his cheeks gradually turning red once again, "I don't know. That would make sure no one bothers you anymore," he responds, quite relieved that he answers her question.

"Killua, do you like me?"

Killua jolted up from his seat after hearing your sudden inquiry. His sudden movement even made you flinch.

Killua's blushing madly while his sapphire blue eyes stares at the girl in surprise, "Of course not! Quit making assumptions!" he defended rather straightforwardly, "Plus, I just met you yesterday, remember?" he pointed out.

'He's blushing,'

The corner of your lips turns into a mischievous smile, "Really? I wonder why you always see me drink this," you pout, inspecting your beverage to purposely tease the silverette even more.