Chapter 17

8:45 PM

2nd person's point of view:

Under the dark and starry sky, only the birghtly-lit moon and the park's lights illuminating the park.

Killua and you can be seen leaning over the bridge's railing while you eagerly exchange each others' stories, laughters, questions and answers.

Below the bridge, you were mesmerized  by the sight of the clear water reflecting the crescent moon and stars from above, listening to Killua's story on how he met Gon.

"That's probably it. Alluka and I would have been stuck at that damn mountain if Gon didn't come," Killua added, glancing towards you to meet your (eye color) eyes.

"So you should thank Gon. Without him, I wouldn't be here and you'd be sad you didn't meet me," he jokes, a sly smile spreads over his lips.

"Maybe I should thank him," you responded calmly, returning a small smile to him.

Killua didn't expect that kind of response from you. He felt embarassed, he avert his gaze towards the water below.

"Is there anything you wanted to ask, (Your name)?" he asks in a quiet tone.

You pause for a bit to think, "Well there is something," you started, bringing the silverette's attention to you, "Have you ever been in love to someone before?" you inquire.

"Uh... Are you sure you want me to answer that question?" Killua raises a brow at you, his lips curving into a subtle smile.

After giving him a nod, a sigh escaped his lips.

"Well it's not actually inlove," he reminds, "I just happen to like her when Gon and I met her," he sounded genuine, which made your curiosity grew.

"Oh, I almost forgot to mention her name," he mutter upon realization.

"Her name's Retz,"

After Killua mentioning the girl's name, you felt a twinge of jealousy inside you, 'Agh, I knew I shouldn't have asked him that question,' you thought, intently eyeing the reflection of the moon as you purse your lips.

"In case you were wondering if I still like her, the answer is no, " Killua reminds you, looking over to you.

There's a pause of silence, until Killua was the one who breaks the ice, "That's because Retz was into Gon," he added, his statement brought your gaze towards the silverette.

"I-I see," you mumbled quietly.

What ensued is pure silence once again, making it awkward for you since you were just talking about Retz.

"Killua," you spoke. At first, you were unsure about asking the question inside your mimd but your curiosity got the best of you.

"If Retz happens to like you and not Gon, you'll still be liking her to this day, right?" you asked, instant regret flow through you when Killua looks at you.

'Why did I ask him that?!' you thought, cursing at yourself mentally.

"No,"