The Corrupted started to walk towards them, unfazed by Mumbo's punch. Mumbo pulled his diamond sword out, holding it out in front of him.

The Corrupted tilted his head to one side and seemed to pause for a second, as if calculating Mumbo's next move.

"When I count to three," Mumbo breathed, speaking softly. "We run, ok?"

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Grian curtly nod from behind him.

"Three!" He yelled and started to sprint in one direction, dragging Grian as he stumbled behind him.

He came to an abrupt stop as the Corrupted suddenly appeared infront of him, Grian bumping into him from behind.

Mumbo stabbed the Corrupted without thinking, and when he tried to pull it back out, he realised it was stuck inside the Corrupted's chest.

"Just let it go!" Grian yelled, gripping Mumbo's forearm and pulling him.

Mumbo wiped away a fake tear, "Goodbye Looting III, Sharpness V, Sweeping Edge III, Unbreaking III, Mending-"

"Oh my goodness Mumbo," Grian couldn't help but chuckle at his friend's silliness, even in their current situation.

Mumbo made a mock-sad face, continuing with his act, "It left us too soon Grian, too soon..."

Grian was forced to stop running as he doubled over with laughter.
"You're impossible." He snorted.

Even the Corrupted that was chasing them with the sword sticking out of its chest seemed confused, and that said a lot considering how the Corrupted weren't supposed to feel emotions.

[Not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous about putting this art I did here, I don't usually draw humans, so forgive me if it looks bad :') ]

Grian put a hand on Mumbo's shoulder, leaning on him, as he continued to giggle, seemingly unable to stop himself.

"This is no laughing matter Grian," Mumbo said, smirking. "Come on, let's go while it's still confused."

Grian sighed, although still smiling.
"Alright, let's go."

They started to run towards the trees, Grian running ahead of Mumbo, where they would have better cover and better chances of getting away.

Mumbo glanced back to see that the Corrupted had disappeared and when he looked ahead again, he saw the Corrupted appear and pull the sword out of its chest, swiftly swinging it towards Mumbo.