Chapter Forty Four: Coffee.

Start from the beginning

Nope. He's asleep.

Okay. No issues. Let me just try again.

I rang the bell once more. I tapped my foot against the floor impatiently, folding my arms.

No response.

I groaned.

I was about to turn around and leave when the door suddenly opened.

"I'm here, I'm here," said a deep, alluring voice.

I stilled, my eyes widened. And then I slowly turned around. I stared in shock at a stunning, thirty year old woman with messy brown hair, in a silk robe.

She stared back at me, her pink lips slightly parted.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am, I was, uh. . . in bed. Um, how can I help you?" she said.

I was too shocked to reply, staring into her deep brown eyes in awe. Eyes I haven't seen in so long.

I had to stop myself from trembling.

"Do you really not know who I am?" I asked, an eyebrow raised.

She stood up straighter, still a few inches taller than me despite my being in heels.

I studied her, drinking in her soft skin, shiny hair, sharper-than-ever jawline. She hasn't changed one bit. If anything, age has made her more magnificent.

"I, um. . ." she stuttered, studying me as well.

That lasted for nearly five seconds before her eyes widened in surprise. I smirked.

"Holy shit," she breathed out.

Imagine my surprise, Harley.

"Agreed, Harley," I said, smiling slightly.

We stood that way for a bit, staring at each other, taking each other in.

But then she stepped forward and pulled me into a hug, wrapping her arms around my waist.

I wrapped mine around her neck and pulled her closer. I closed my eyes and breathed her in. I felt at home for the first time in forever.

It felt like all those years were nothing.

We stayed that way for what felt like forever. I could hear the taxi driving away in the distance, and I let out a sigh of comfort.

She felt so good.

She felt so, so good.

"I can't believe you're here," she said.

"Me neither," I replied.

We reluctantly let go of each other, and I flinched slightly at the loss of warmth.

She smiled warmly at me and I easily smiled back. It was like I was back in Blue Valley High. And that feeling made me smile even more.

Her eyes roamed my face and then came down to rest on my wedding ring.

She raised a perfectly defined eyebrow and smirked.

"Who's the lucky one?" she asked.

"Would you believe if I said Alex?"

Her eyes widened.

"Your ex, Alex? Homophobe Alex?"

I nodded and rolled my eyes. She shook her head and gestured inside.

"Wanna come in?"

I nodded and made my way in while she held the door open for me.

The house was a mix of black and white furniture and design. I took it all in, breathless.