Chapter Ten: Just What I Needed.

tw//d slur

Samantha

"How was it?" she asked me, scrolling through her phone.

"How was what?"

"Sleeping with Harley Gardner?"

"Uh. . ."

"Oh, come on. You're telling me she didn't try to fuck you?"

"What? No!"

"Oh, fuck that. We all know how Harley is."

"Just because she's a lesbian doesn't mean she's gonna make a move on every girl."

"No, not every lesbian. This lesbian. The loser one."

"Okay, fuck off, Helen."

"What do you see in that dyke anyway?"

"What do you mean? And don't call her that."

"You are not just friends with Harley Gardner, Sam."

"I am."

She gave me a long look.

"Fine. But stay away from her. She's bad news."

"No, she's actually pretty cool and she's my friend."

She just rolled her eyes and looked back at her phone.

"You have a date with Alex, right?" she asked, trying to change the topic.

I gladly took the opportunity.

"Yes, I do. And I haven't decided what to wear yet."

"Now, that's a first."

"Yeah," I said, chuckling lightly.

"Let's go shopping!"

"Okay, let's do that."

"I'll wait outside. Get dressed, Sam."

"Sure thing."

She walked out of the room and shut the door behind her.

I waited for the feeling of insecurity to pass. I really did like being friends with Harley. But when Helen talks like this, I feel guilty. I feel guilty for talking to somebody I genuinely like. But this is how it's always been. My friends tell me to not talk to one person, keep talking to that other person. Ignore this person. Bully that other person. And I kept listening to them. I kept listening.  I didn't ever wanna lose them, so I kept listening. I felt disgusted with myself.

Suddenly, the door opened.

"Hey, Shannon is coming as well," she said, and then shut the door again.

"Great," I muttered to myself and pulled off my t-shirt.

***

Harley

I really couldn't believe myself. How the hell did I let myself like Samantha of all people? I wanted to punch myself in the face. She had left hours ago and my mind kept switching from just wanting to kiss her to cursing myself for wanting to kiss her.

I know for a fact that nothing can happen between us. It'll destroy me and as for her, she deserves better.

And she's straight.

I was lying in bed trying to fight this inner mini-battle when the doorbell rang.

I went downstairs and opened the door.

Brielle stood before me with a smile.

"Hey, Harley!" she said, trying to sound seductive.

Just what I needed, I thought to myself as I closed the door behind her.

***

Hey!

I know this chapter was super short. It's kind of a filler, really. But it gets two important points across and honestly, that's all I needed.

Thanks for reading! Lemme know what u think :)

Love you,

queenred