Chapter Twenty Nine: Or Something.

Samantha

I woke up startled as the jet landed.

"Good morning, Sam," said Mom, handing me a wet wipe to help with the drool on the side of chin.

"Thanks," I mumbled, taking it from her and using my other hand to fumble with my purse and fish out my phone.

No new messages.

It's only been a few hours, after all. She's probable hanging out with Wyatt or something.

Or something.

Fuck.

Am I seriously thinking about Brielle right now?

Harley's not like that anymore.

Just a month ago, she was a raging playgirl. You think that's gonna change so quickly?

Fuck. What wou-

"Samantha?"

I turned to face my mom who was getting ready to leave. Her face was calm, serene, yet somewhat somber.

"We have to get to the penthouse in an hour and then we have to get to Ashley's soon after. Come on," she said curtly.

Ashley. Perry. The grave.

I could imagine her grave in my head. The grass dull and grey, a soft wind blowing past dark trees, resembling the time she had with me, insignificant and not enough, leaving me in need of its warm, soft embrace. The thought of me there, with her buried six feet under, unable to ever hear the words of forgiveness that my parents had finally decided to utter, left me pained and breathless. Guilty. Angry. Drained.

"Do we have to go immediately after we get there and have lunch?" I couldn't control the tremble in my voice even if I tried.

She visibly relaxed.

"We have to get back before Monday, right?" she said softly and patiently, almost as if she was taken by empathy for just a moment. Unbelievable.

I let out a sigh and grabbed my jacket and purse.

"Let's get to it then," I said quietly.

***

Ashley lived in Buffalo in an apartment that Perry shared with her till she died. We got up to the fourth floor of the well-maintained apartment building in complete silence and rang the doorbell.

There was only one thing on all of our minds: Paris.

The wooden door had '405' written in big bold writing in gold. I heard footsteps on the other side, getting louder and louder as she got closer to the door. I could feel my heart beat faster and faster. The air grew tenser and warmer around me.

The door swung open and two pale, blue eyes locked with mine, beautiful and serene.

"Hello, Samantha," she said.

***
Hey!

Hope you guys liked this chapter even though it was so short. Sorry for not updating for so long. I've been a bit too busy.

Lemme know what you think :)

Love,

queenred