Chapter 5: The First of Many "Girl Talks"

Yachi woke up to her alarm and she got ready for the day. She unlocked her phone to text Kiyoko letting her senior manager know that she was on her way out the door and would meet her at the bus stop near the school. She got into her clothes for the gymnasium and grabbed her prepared bento box she prepared the night before.

"Hitoka, before you go I'll be home late again this evening, we're behind schedule so I have to straighten some things out. I'm sure you can manage another night without me. There's some money on the counter so I thought maybe you can eat out today if you want."

She looks at the money on the counter and puts it in her bag "thanks mom. I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Maybe, or I might see you later tonight depending on when you go to bed."

Yachi forced a smile and walked out the door. Lately it seemed that Yachi hadn't seen her mom for more than an hour per week because of work. But it's not like Yachi could tell her mom to stop working, her mom worked so there could be food at the table for both of them, and kept a roof over their head. She would feel like a villain to tell her mom to stop working for their benefit, so the most she could do is suck it up and continue. She walked to her local bus stop and took the public transit to the school, while on the bus ride she thought of her mom's workload and got sad and her anxiety started to peak, and she started to mildly panic and frantically thought of something to calm her down and keep her stable. She thought of volleyball, but that didn't work as she also thought of herself almost getting hit in the head with a stray ball many times, she thought of school which led her to fear failing a subject, she started to breath heavier and started to shake, then she thought of Hinata, how Hinata smiled at her, how he taught her that villager b can fight too, how it was his encouragement and his personality that helped her speak her mind for the first time, and she thought of the moment they shared the night before outside her apartment. With all of these thoughts of Hinata and being with Hinata she started to smile and calm down, her breath became steady and she found her footing.
Hinata, what would I do without you
She thought as she exited the bus. Kiyoko met her at the bus stop greeting her with her smile.

"Hitoka-chan how was your evening last night?"

"It was great Kiyoko-senpai"

"You had dinner with Hinata and his family last night right?"

Yachi hid behind her hair blushing "Yes I did"

"And how was that?" The raven haired manager inquired

"It was nice, his little sister is cute and his mom is very nice." Yachi replied

"And Hinata? What about Hinata himself?"

"Um..." Yachi had so much to say but she was nervous

"It's ok Hitoka-chan, you can tell me, I hope you're just as comfortable with me as I am with you."

Yachi smiled and took a breath "well Hinata, he was... we almost.... Hinata-"

"Shimizu! Yachi! Good morning!" Daichi called out from across the street as he and the other third years join the two managers in their walk to school

"Good morning Daichi, Sugarawa, Asahi, how are you three?"

"Just fine" said Asahi smiling

They all walked silently to the gym to see the gym already being set up by Hinata, Kageyama, Tanaka, and Nishinoya.

"Oi! You third years are late!" Tanaka shouted from the gym doors "Kiyoko-San! How are you!"

"I'm alright Tanaka, continue setting up the court." Kiyoko responded "Hitoka-chan, let's continue this later."