Chapter 24: Sisterly Love

"So they're just over? Just like that?" Yamaguchi asked in shock

"According to what I heard as I was coming down the stairs." Tsukishima said plainly, by mere coincidence did Tsukishima decide to take that specific stairwell to get to where he needed to go, a spontaneous decision he will never make again after the drama he regrettably heard unfold

"Poor Yachi-San... poor Hinata..." Yamaguchi said as he ran his hands through his green hair in concern

"You know he kind of had it coming after yesterday's debacle." Tsukishima said shrugging his shoulders as they walked

"Tsukki our friends are in pain come on."

"What? All I heard for the last week from the girl was how excited she was about their date. Not my fault that Shorty skipped out to get yelled at by the coaches and Daichi-San later."

"You can't blame Hinata for wanting to become better at volleyball at a training camp designed for that very thing. Sure he could've at least let Yachi know, asked to take a rain check... but you weren't making it any easier on Hinata with all that constant teasing!"

"It's my-"

"'It's my nature' yeah I know. I've known since elementary school, just because I'm fine with it doesn't mean everyone else is too! Hinata really takes your insults to heart you know."

Tsukishima slouched and scoffed "Well what am I supposed to do? I'm not involved in their relationship."

"Hinata is allowed at the training camp still right? You're going to be there too right? Talk to him, console him, be his friend."

Tsukishima sighed, once again Yamaguchi was forcing the idea on him that Hinata was his friend, the thing is, Yamaguchi wasn't wrong. The blonde beanpole knew what he would have to do he'd have to talk to Hinata; Yamaguchi style.

"Fine..."

"Huh?" Yamaguchi said in confusion

"I said 'fine.' I'll... talk to him..."

"Really?!" Yamaguchi said in surprise

"Mhm..."

"Look at you! The new Tsukishima! Who loves volleyball and his friends! Oh your brother is going to be so proud! I know I am."

"You're not going to tell Akiteru jack shit."

"Nope too late I'm already texting him the good news!" Yamaguchi said as he typed into his phone

"How the hell did you get his phone number?!"

"I've known your family for years! You think I wouldn't have your brother's number by now?"

As they began to walk to their class they continued to talk all the while a familiar and rather beautiful raven haired third year took in the new information about her dear first year friend. While Tsukishima would be tasked with helping Hinata, Shimizu would take it upon herself to help Yachi.

— —
— —
Karasuno After School Practice

— —
— —

"Rolling Thunder!... Double!"

"Ha! Tanaka got run over by Nishinoya!"

"Nishinoya! Tanaka!"

"Why am I getting yelled at?!"

"Quit screwing around!"

"He ran over me!"

"I don't want to hear it!"