part 10

Jannie: You know my dream is to visit a haunted house with my boyfriend.

Ronnie: Really?

Jannie: Yep.

Ronnie: Okay then. Let's complete your dream first. We don't have much time left.

(Jokingly)

Jannie: What do you mean by "we don't have much time left"?

Ronnie: Nothing. Just kidding.

Jannie: No, tell me. Are you going to die, my ghost boyfriend? (Jannie starts laughing and Ronnie silently gazes at her.)

Jannie: Stop it, Ronnie. I know you're just kidding.

Ronnie: Yeah, babe, I'm kidding. Don't worry. If I leave you due to some reason, then also I will be with you.

Jannie gets relieved, but still, some feelings disturb her mind.

Ronnie: Let's go. We have to complete your dream now.

Jannie: But I'm so tired.

Ronnie starts tickling Jannie.

Jannie: No, no.

Ronnie: First say you will go with me.

Jannie: Okay, fine.

Ronnie stops tickling her.

Ronnie: Good girl.

They both reach Ronnie's house and sit on the roof. Jannie is busy enjoying the moment, and Ronnie is busy gazing at Jannie. Suddenly, Ronnie stands up and hugs Jannie.

Jannie: What's wrong with you, Ronnie? You're behaving differently today.

Ronnie: My time is over, Jannie.

Jannie: What do you mean by "your time is over"? You're a ghost, dammit.

Ronnie: Yeah, and even ghosts have certain rules that apply to them. We have certain limitations of time to stay on earth after death, and my time is over now.

Jannie: See, Ronnie? I know you're kidding.

Ronnie: No, honey. I'm not kidding with you.

Jannie: Please say it's a joke, Ronnie.

Ronnie: Be brave and promise me you'll miss me. Promise me that when you're alone, you'll look at the photo you took from the wall. Promise me that after returning from college, you'll stare at my house. Promise me you'll never forget me.

Jannie: (Bursts into tears) You are a liar. You said that you'll never leave, and now you're leaving. I don't care about your limitations of time and all. I want you, that's it.

Ronnie starts to fade away.

Ronnie: I love you. I'm going to miss you, princess.

Jannie: Please don't go, Ronnie.

Ronnie disappears, and Jannie cries loudly.

Hey guys, I hope you liked my story. I'll work on my next chapter and publish it soon.  Until then, stay safe, stay blessed, and stay happy."