Chapter 25

Warning:

-Blood-
-Mockery-
-Harm-
-Death (that goes too far I guess)-

Morning....
Del was the first to wake up in his house. He had been thinking of the Japanese.

He didn't want anyone to suffer, he wanted to take care of his father's people, even if it means getting killed. He looked at Phil. He slept peacefully.

'I know Papa would be heartbroken if I do it' he thought. 'I have no choice though, I can't let Phil suffer first'.

Del took his courage and went up to dress for the day. He packed his bags once he was done and was about to leave when Phil woke up.

"Del...." Phil asked, rubbing the sleepiness off his eyes. "Saan ka pupunta?".

"I'll be out for a while" he lied, giving a fake smile. "I promise it won't be long".

He opened the door and headed off. Phil waved from the house as Del went off.

Nighttime ....Phil waited for Del. 'He said he won't be gone for long, right?' he thought.

He started to feel sleepy. 'Maybe he'll show up soon...' he yawned and went to sleep.

The next morning, there was a knock on the door. "Del!" he exclaimed, happily opening the door. Only it wasn't Del - it was the Japanese.

"Your brother has asked you to come with us" they demanded.

"Why?" he asked

"He would love to say a few words to you"

Phil accepted the invitation. But he wondered why Del decided to let others report to him instead of doing it himself.

The answer was there once they went to the Japanese base. Del was in a small room. He had scars all over his body. His bed had small drops of blood from his skin.

"Del!" Phil called happily. He stopped when he saw Del's bleeding body. "Del?"

He turned around and gave Phil a weak smile. "Hi Phil" he greeted weakily. Phil felt like tears were forming in his eyes. "What happened to you?" he asked, hugging his brother.
"I'm fine...." Del replied, hugging back. "Just only a few scars". Del showed his right arm which was covered in red marks oozing blood.

"Why didn't you come back home soon" Phil asked. Del sighed. "I had to" he said. "They wanted me to"

"Who?"

"The Japanese"

"But why?"

"They wanted me to give them our part or else everyone will die"

"But why did you-"

"They also wanted someone to sacrifice before handing them the land"

Phil's eyes started filling with tears. Was his own brother going to.....sacrifice himself?

"Alright, visiting hours are over" a Japanese guarding Del's room came inside. "Now, it's time for him to die".

Two other Japanese men came in and took Del, leaving Phil alone. Tears trinkled down his face.

He wanted to see his brother one last time.....before he sacrifices himself.

"Del!" he called while following the Japanese. "Del!"

Del heard him, but he didn't want to turn around and see his brother. He will end up regretting it.

Soon, they were outside. There was a huge crowd, right in front there were Japanese. Filipino's were also there, but only a few.

Philip tried to follow the guards who were taking Del, but he was grabbed by the hand by an old filipino lady who seemed kind.

"Anak, don't" she said, hugging Phil as he cried. "Your brother said nobody should come with him".

"B-but..." Phil said, through tears. "He's my brother..."

Then a rain of laughter burst through the crowd. It was coming from the Japanese. "Isn't this humble of him?" a Japanese in front of Phil mocked. "A son of the late Katipunan is sacrificing himself just for his people...pathetic"

The Japanese continued to laugh once Del reached the stage they had prepared. The guards pushed him towards a rope hanged on the roof of the stage.

"Now I friends" Imperial Japan spoked. "We have gathered to witness the son of Kati sacrifice himself for his father's citizens, isn't this so wonderful? A weak boy sacrifices himself just for some worthless people!?"

The guards placed Del's head inside the rope. One of them was holding the end of it, ready to pull it hard.

"Now, let us watch as this little hero falls"

Phil watched in tears as Del, his only sibling dies.

Del looked up, he saw Phil, in tears....

"I'm sorry Phil..." he whispered. "Your on your own now...."

And as if it was a signal, the guard pulled the rope hard, making the poor filipino get hanged.

Blood leaked from his neck. The enemies laughed and mocked him. While Filipino's covered their eyes and cried for Del.

Only Phil cried even more. Now he's alone....no one is with him anymore....he is now....left alone...

Phil woked up in a jolt. Sweat ran through his body again. He felt tears trinkle down his eyes. 'Del...' he thought. 'Why did you leave me?'.

His phone rang. He looked and saw message from Indo.

Indo: Mr. Asean said we must leave now, you prepared?

Phil: Opo, I'll be there soon

Indo: Malay and I will pick you up

Phil: Okay

Phil sighed and looked at Russia. He felt his heart grow heavy. Then he looked back at his phone.

Phil: Bring Russia home

Ukraine: K

The story is sad right? Sorry I know none of this matches History but this my version of Phil's past.

Oh well, the next chapter is the last, I promise this won't be sad.