"Mhm." I hummed in agreement, not daring to open my mouth. Wilder smiled down at me, I'm assuming because I responded to him. The sweet smile on his lips didn't last long, because Zeke came bounding down the stairs.

"Zeke go get her things and put them in her room as well." Wilder said coldly. Zeke nodded and retreated to the truck. He seemed so cold towards Zeke, but I knew that I could earn Zeke's help if I showed him the kindness Wilder didn't.

"Are you hungry, baby?" His voice softened, but it still terrified me. My body still shook as I rested against him.

"No." I said quietly. A sigh escaped him but he didn't give up, he carried me into the kitchen and placed me down on the counter. It was also cold, and my shaking continued to increase. Wilder sighed once more, but our eye contact was broken when his eyes seemed to go blank. He was still looking at me, but he wasn't... I waved my arm in front of his face, but he didn't move. The expression on his face stayed the same but only a few moments later his hand jolted from his side and took my wrist in between his thumb and index finger. I squealed in surprise, but he only smiled down at me. It made me slightly uncomfortable, but I didn't dare move.

'What does he want with me. When women get kidnapped aren't they usually treated horribly. Maybe he's going to sell us.' My mind raced on. I looked away from him unable to look him in the eyes. He was going to sell me.

"Are you going to sell me?" I asked. If he hadn't hurt me yet, odds were in my favor of him not hurting me. A growl escaped from deep inside his chest causing me to shy away from him.

"I'd never hurt you, babygirl." He placed his finger under my chin and lightly lifted my head. My eyes met him, but this time they shined with honesty. I quickly became lost in his eyes. They entranced me making me want more of him. Suddenly, he ripped his eyes away from mine breaking the contact and leaving me feeling cold and empty. The nervous shaking started again, but now slightly subsided. I looked in the same direction as Wilder to see Zeke entering the house. 

"Here, Alpha." He handed Wilder Sammy's blanket. I jumped off the counter and ran to them trying to take my blanket back. Wilder didn't like my sudden movement, because he turned from Zeke and lifted me back onto the counter.

"Stay put." He instructed with narrowed eyes. The warmth I had seen was nowhere to be found. He turned back to Zeke and practically ripped the blanket from his grasp. Zeke nodded and continued back up the stairs with the suitcases full of my things.

"Here, baby." All the warmth had returned to Wilders eyes. His mood swings were going to give me whiplash. He smiled down at me and lifted my arms around his neck. From there he lifted my body from the counter with one arm around my knees. He placed the blanket around me and put me back on the counter. I reached for the ends of the blanket and wrapped it around me. It smelt like home.

"You're so cute." Wilder chuckled. "What do you want to eat?"

"I'm not really hungry." I said quietly, but my body had other plans as my stomach rumbled angrily. Typically I had a small breakfast or no breakfast, depending on my work shift, and a quick lunch at the parlor. I didn't usually eat dinner, but if I did I could only force a little food before falling asleep. Considering it was currently 2 in the morning, I see my bodies confusion.

"You need to eat." Wilder demanded. His voice could command anyone to do anything. He held some sort of power in it, and honestly, I didn't trust it. I didn't want to eat anything he made.

'He's going to sell us.' My thoughts continued to remind me.

"Look how about you just eat a piece of fruit." He sensed my hesitancy, but at the thought of food my stomach rumbled.