•Nine•

Velvet

Faith

December hit faster than a shark attack, and with Christmas a few weeks away, I still had a few last minute things to buy, I'd already gotten Elijah's present as well as Milan's and Logan's I was missing River and a few more for my sister and Elijah, they'd been so good to be this year multiple presents for everybody were in order, so I went with two of the people I loved most aside from Riv and Lo. "Oh this is cute!" Milan chirped at a skirt and tank top holographic set sitting outside of an overpriced and overrated store, still I dragged my feet toward the fashionable establishment, Milan wasn't shopping for others like Elijah and myself, she was shopping for herself, according to her she'd given her father his present already and she'd gotten River, Logan and I our gifts all that was left on her list was herself.

I looked at Elijah who was annoyed at having to tag along with us. "You know Christmas is the season to be selfless..." Elijah mused at the way all the gifts she bought were indeed for herself, Milan scoffed. "I am being selfless mister, I'm buying outfits I wouldn't normally wear." She gave him a genuine smile as he shook his head. "I don't know how you keep up with her." He shot back and I couldn't help but laugh. I kissed Elijah's cheek. "I'm sorry, I should've just let you sit this one out, watching women shop is definitely not good for your mental health." Elijah smiled at me and shook his head again. "I don't mind you shopping in the slightest, baby." He kissed me softly, "I'll wait by the fountain downstairs, unless I get distracted then I'll text you where I'm at." I agreed and kissed him back to continue my shopping session with Milan.

The comedic confrontations between Elijah and Milan always put a smile on my face, they got along perfectly which was the balance I needed to keep me going and keep me from thinking of a certain British man, they didn't hate each other, and I was pretty sure that their "rivalry" was only to keep me amused and entertained, they admitted it to themselves when I asked if they were seriously fighting over who got me snacks last week for movie night. My pack grew a total of two people who absolutely cared for me and I had no complaints. Balance was restored. —At least some of it.

"He clearly loves you if he has to put up with me." Milan said holding up a revealing red sequin blazer top up to her chest. "I know, but you two are my comedic relief so, thank you for keeping me entertained." I laughed again, she held the top up to my chest now. "Red is so your color." She quipped, "You should get this and wear it to that party you're having for Christmas eve, pair it with those black leather pants we got a few weeks ago and you're golden baby, Elijah's gonna wish he got you in his Christmas stocking." She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I agreed, taking the red piece with me along with some other "selfless" shopping items we got for ourselves, as we kept browsing the storefronts an art shop caught my eye, as it wasn't tailored to one specific style of art, it was a River paradise if you ask me, there were portraits, canvases, sculptures, vases, you name it, if it was art or art related this store probably sold it.

"Your sister in law would go ham in this store." Milan said as we eyed all the pieces around us, I was mesmerized and full of a newfound respect for River. I understood why she did it and thanked the skies above that she was actually talented, some of the art in here was questionable. "Maybe you can get her something from here for Christmas, I'm sure she'll love it."

"I think I will!" I exclaimed excited, my attention fell on a sculpture that would look divine in River's art room, I paid the man and wondered how something so simple could be so darn expensive, I was sure I could hear my wallet screaming. "Jesus, If the artist is alive and well I don't want to think what that thing is going to cost when they die." Milan said as we walked back toward the exit, but something on the huge flatscreen TV in the store made me stop on the way out. The voice in the commercial called it: 'The most awaited debut after a three year hiatus" 'Pieces of Faith' was coming to LA after its smashing success in the UK on December 18th' which meant six days from now, and the author of said showcase was none other than Jax Beckett, I felt nauseous, dizzy and out of breath when I heard his name. "Whoa!" I heard Milan say as I drifted sideways slightly, she pulled me out of the store and towards a nearby seating area.