•Six•

Bittersweet Lattes

Faith

By some sort of miracle and God in the heavens I was alive the next morning, lights were my worst enemy though, I moaned out loud feeling skin next to mine, of course Elijah would stay over, he was less wasted than I was, he wasn't wasted at all and now that I think of it after getting into a relationship with Elijah, I've never seen him drink often anymore, He anointed himself designated driver and boyfriend in this relationship apparently and refused to do nothing but take care of me and make sure I got home in one piece.

"Good morning Ms. Happy Birthday..." I heard him mock me. I squeezed my eyes shut before painfully opening them and letting the intensity of the lights aka the sun hit my corneas . "What'd I do?" I asked knowing I probably did something embarrassing, in that moment I prayed that I hadn't called him by any other name. "Aside from singing happy birthday to your self, outside the club, we pretty much danced our faces off, even if you did shots of liquor I never thought you'd do, you puked in your bushes when we got here..." He tried containing his laughter and I just wanted to hurt him, badly.

"Oh God..." I lamented as He handed me my marble mug and the best coffee my tastebuds had the pleasure of drinking. "No worries, I watered the lawn early this morning so Logan won't rip your throat out with her bare teeth. That's definitely going in the top ten things not to tell our children..." I felt my stomach turn from the statement as well as my hangover, I blew into the mug and sipped a long sip of the coffee. "Children?" I finally squeaked out. "I mean, it's just a thought..." He fixed it, but it was too late, I got a glimpse of Elijah's plans for our relationship, if they involved children in his head then he was at least thinking about moving in together. I coughed slightly after texting Milan about last night. "I'm gonna shower..." His face looked as if he was expecting an answer to his comment. I sighed and turned to face him. "It's not that I hate the idea of children... it's just that it's something that's not in my plans for now, you'd be the most amazing father on the face of the earth. I'm sure." I was honest, he beamed as I grabbed my towel and headed to my bathroom.

Once I was in the privacy of my water closet I slid down the door of the bathroom once I closed the door and cried, I don't know why it made me so emotional or what was making me so emotional, if Elijah saw me as the mother of his children someday or the fact that I couldn't see him fathering any of my offsprings. Either way, it made me sad.

I pulled my knees into my chest and sat there staring at the toilet a few feet from me. I dried my tears and cursed when I realized I'd left my phone in the bedroom, I got over it quick, remembering that River's old school ass kept a mini boombox under the bathroom sink to play her CD's when she showered, but the measly thing had AM and FM radio. I tuned it to my favorite radio station where Billie Eilish sang about everything she wanted. I let the song fill the bathroom walls as I washed my hair and body, detangling my hair after conditioning it I realized I losing a few strands on the comb I was using. —Great. I'm a depressed balding bitch now— I let out a soft sigh and threw the fallout from my head into a nearby trash bin outside the tub, I washed myself one more time before rinsing off and finally stepping out.

"Do us all a favor and fuck off." I heard Elijah say as I walked into my room and he was done with a phone call on my phone, he fiddled with it slightly and placed it back on the charging pad, I had no problem with him answering my phone, he always told me who was calling or handled my calls accordingly. "Robocall?" I asked as he looked at me with slight anger in his demeanor, he was about to say something else but he nodded instead. "Yeah, that's exactly what it was, a robocall, not to worry though... I'm sure they won't call again." I closed the door behind me and chose to ignore why he looked so annoyed at a simple robocall.