The institution episode 39

Start from the beginning

The Governor nervously sat in Interrogating room while Ivie walked in. "What are you doing here?" He asked and she folded her hands.
"It's an interrogation"
"This is insulting! I deserve respect"
"The IGP has proof already so, you've lost your respect more or less." She snapped and he sighed.
"This is unlawful, what they're doing"
"Wow... It's amazing to hear you say that. You speak like you're better Sir but you're not! You're not even close! You're a wolf in sheep's clothing, an animal in human skin and now everyone in Edo state will know who you truly are." She snapped.
"You don't have proof"
"Do you think the IGP will still be here if we don't have proof?" Ivie scoffed.
"We have enough proof to send you all to prison"
"Over what? Cause as long as I'm aware, I am not guilty of any charges. I know what you're trying to do. I'm a senior Advocate of Nigeria, you can't play upon my intelligence. I wasn't born yesterday"
"I'm not here to get words out of your mouth cause I know the truth already. Dad died out of poisoning, and you sent me to prison for a crime I didn't commit"
"You tried to kill me"
"You've been telling yourself that lie until you've finally believed it's true. I was going to have the police get some answers out of Dr. Emmanuel but you all thwarted my plans and you tortured Shade's husband to get a false testimony out of her to use against me."
"She wasn't supposed to say anything"
"Oh I didn't find out from her, no. I found out from my fiancee" she answered and Governor Samuel shut his eyes.
He could already guess who the fiancee was.
"I guess I don't need to announce who he is, you already know"
"Whatever, you and that Oscar boy has plannee out"
"You're going to jail Samuel" Ivie snapped, "Sorry, I meant your excellency and you'll be going for a very very long time"
Governor Samuel's heart suddenly started beating fast in fear on being imprisoned.
"I wasn't the one who suggested it, I was scared that your father would win but when he started digging into Babylon's mess, and when he confronted Babylon.  Him and Delilah decided to take him out of the picture completely"
"And my imprisonment? So you're saying you didn't have a hand In it"
"You were bent on ruining our ambition and plans. We had to do the needful, I didn't do anything serious, I only gave orders"
"How did you feel when your son was locked up?" She asked and he looked away facing the wall.
"You locked me up without considering my family or the fact that I was pregnant. Well i'm just happy we're ridding the world of one more corrupt leader. It's the end for you Governor Samuel Godwin. Finally I have a good story to tell my children about a war I thought was impossible to fight; a war against corruption. I fought that war and I won"

Ivie walked out of the room smiling at Liam and he chuckled.
"I guess he spilled too" he assumed and she nodded.
"What about Dr. Emmanuel and those who helped administer the poison?" Ivie muttered, "Dr. Emmanuel has stroke, as for your former maid, there's no word on her"
"There's no happiness for the wicked. We should be expecting retaliation from the gang anytime soon." He guessed again, and the IGP promised to increase security.
"The anti-cultist squad can help out, if you don't mind Sir" Liam suggested and he smiled.
"I'll think of it"
"There are still moles in here"
"That'll be police business. Just try to be safe first. I'll like to hear the recording now if you Don mind" The IGP advised.

****

Liam held Ivie's hand out of the police station and reporters came rushing towards them with their camera lights flashing on their face.
"Has the Governor been arrested or is he being detained?" Rita asked and Ivie looked at Liam.
She suddenly felt queasy.
"The Governor has been arrested alongside his Chief adviser on political matters and hopefully after the court proceedings they'll be locked away for a very long time" he answered.
Before they could throw more questions, Liam pulled Ivie away and they both entered into the car.
Ivie sighed in relief and Liam drove away.
"Are you okay?"
"I was feeling dizzy, but I'm fine"
"You need a rest"