Avery then took my hands again and looked at me. I smiled at her, and she smiled a small smile back but nevertheless I was happy.

"I promise." I said looking at Amelia and I knew she knew what I meant.

When I got out of the adoption center with Avery still holding my hands, Mrs.Summers came after me and stood in front of me.

"You are gonna regret adopting her and then you are gonna return her, but don't say I didn't warn you!" She yelled looking at me.

I felt Avery's hand tighten around my own and when I looked at her I saw her looking at Mrs.Summers with fear in her eyes.

But when I saw Mrs.Summers glaring at Avery I was so mad, but I also didn't want to terrify Avery.

"Don't look at her like that ever again, do you hear me?" I asked her calmly with a deadly look in my eyes. To remind her what I was capable of.

She looked fearful and left as fast as possible.

I took Avery to the car and opened the door behind the driver's seat and carried her to help her sit in the car seat that I bought for her the day before.

"We are gonna go shopping for clothes, toys and whatever you want, okay?" I asked her.

"Really?" She asked surprised but quietly.

"Yeah and we are also gonna meet my friend there, he is really nice and so excited to see you." I told her .

"Is he gonna hurt me?" She asked making my heart break.

"No, baby. Whenever you are with me no one could do anything to you, okay?"

"Okay." She said smiling.

I put her back pack beside her and closed the door of the back seat, got in the driver's seat and started the car and then drove to the mall.

Few minutes later

We finally got to the mall and parked the car in the parking lot.

I looked in the rearview mirror to see Avery looking at the mall in awe.

"Have you been to a mall before?" I asked her and she just shook her head still looking at the mall.

I got out of the car and opened her door. I undid her seat belt. I put my arms under her arms to carry her out of the car and put her on the ground as I locked the door.

I took her hand in mine to make sure that she doesn't get lost in the crowd.

I called Leonard to see where he was at.

"I am stuck in the stupid traffic, I think I will be there in an hour." And with that he hung up on me.

I sighed and put my phone in my pocket. I crouched down to not look so Intimidating.

She tightened her hands around mine and when I looked at her face I saw her staring at the big crowd of people with terrified eyes.

"Hey! Hey! No one will ever hurt you when I am with you." I told her softly trying to make her remove her eyes from the crowd and to look at me.

She finally looked at me with her doe eyes tearing up.

"You promise?"

"Yes, I promise. How about I carry you so you can feel a little safer?"

She looked hesitant at first but at last she agreed.

I carried her, at first she was stiff, but then she bagan to relax.