"I love you, Lia." I told her, wrapping my arms around her neck tightly.

"I love you, too, Ave." She told me hugging me back to her tightly.

Darius POV

*beep* *beep*
I woke up to my alarm at 8:00 AM. I entered the bathroom, did my business and wore a suit.

I went outside of my home, got in the car and started driving to the 'sunshine adoption center'.

It was 9:06 AM when I got there. I got inside and I found it completely quite which made suspicious.

I knocked on Mrs.Summers' office and got inside when I heard a voice say 'come in'.

"Mr.king ! Welcome to the 'sunshine adoption center'. I hope you will find a kid that you would like to adopt!" Mrs.Summers greeted me with a forced smile.

"I would like to adopt a little girl, her age between 3 to 5 years."

"Of course, just give me 20 minutes to get them ready." She said.

"Take your time."

Avery POV

20 minutes later

Mrs.Summers busted into the room making me jump in Lia's lap.

"It's time to go down stairs you ugly brat!" She shouted at me, making me hold onto Lia more tightly and burry my face in Lia's hair.

I told her ok but my voice was muffled in Lia's neck so Mrs.summers thought that I was ignoring her.

She made her way to me quickly and snatched me from Lia's tight and secure hold and onto the floor.

She held my arm tightly and I thought it was going to bruise and it hurt so bad that my eyes started to water.

"Mrs.Summers, she didn't ig-" Lia was interrupted by Mrs.Summers.

"This is none of your business, Amelia! Go to your room right now. "

Lia looked at me with sympathy, but eventually left the room.

I know she didn't want to leave me but she had no choice.

"You don't ignore me next time! hear me?!" She yelled at me.

"Yes ma'am" I whispered.

"Now, put on your snickers and go downstairs." She ordered and then left the room.

I looked down at my hands to see that it was red.

I put on my white sneakers and made my way downstairs.

I saw Lily, Grace, Daniella, Ryan and Alicia. They were all my bullies.

Well, they don't hurt me physically like the older kids but they are rude to me.

After a few moments, a very tall guy with brown hair tied into a bun, brown eyes and a beard entered the room with Mrs.Summers.

He talked with each girl for about 10 minutes.

When it was my turn, I was so nervous and my eyes started to fill with tears so I looked at the ground.

He came over to were I was sitting and sat on the chair in front of me so there was a table separating us.

He looked into my eyes when I looked up. But I got shy and nervous again so I looked quickly at my lap.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" He asked in a gentle and soft voice which made me relax and not be as nervous as I was before.