7

The next weeks weren't that fun for Hanji. Levi had to go on a business trip and that left Hanji with her usual clients... She hated Floch, but Moblit was at least gentler with her. Zeke often punished her or left her locked in her room. It got to the point where Hanji got sick. She had a fever and cough.

Levi was sitting in his office going over papers when he got a call. It was from an unidentified number.

"Hello?" Levi asked.

"Ah, glad I was able to reach you Mr. Ackerman," a voice said.

"It's Zeke. Seems my girl has gotten rather ill and I will be needing to cancel your appointments for the week."

Levi wasn't going to let that happen.

"What are her symptoms?" he asked.

"Why?" Zeke replied.

"I had a family member who was a doctor, so I know how to treat various illnesses," Levi said.

"Now, I know you are rather protective of your song bird, but...would you rather lose money on her being sick or have her get better sooner so your clients can book again.

"Fever, cough, pale and weak," Zeke replied.

"All right, I will speak with my family and get some medicine for her," Levi said.

"I trust this will stay confidential?" Zeke asked.

"Of course," Levi replied.

"I will be back tomorrow to get her medicine to her and for my first appointment."

Before Zeke could say anything, Levi hung up.

----------

It was late morning, Hanji lay in bed in the room where she usually met with clients. There was no way Zeke would let anyone see how she actually lived. A harsh cough ripped through her throat. There was a knock at the door.

"C-come in," Hanji said in a raspy voice.

"Geez you really sound like shit..." came a male voice.

"L-Levi?!" Hanji replied.

"It's me," he said.

"N-no *coughs* you shouldn't be here," Hanji replied.

"I'm fine," Levi said.

"I don't get sick."

He sat down on the bed.

"Now hush and let me do what I came to do," Levi said.

"Wh-what is that?" Hanji asked.

"Take care of you," Levi replied.

He set his bag on the nightstand and pulled out several items.

"H...how did you manage that?" Hanji asked.

"Zeke is so...uh..."

"Made up some BS about how he'd lose money if you were sick, because no client could meet with you," Levi said.

"Don't care about his money. I care about your health."

Hanji smiled.

"Th-thank...you" she rasped out.

"Shh, don't talk, you'll strain your voice and throat," Levi advised.

He started an herbal tea.

"Okay, medicine time," Levi said as he measured out the required doses.

"I haven't had this kind of care since I was little..." Hanji replied.

"Now that I am here, I will give you any care I can," Levi said.

He gently brushed hair from her face. This caused Hanji to blush, even though Levi had done this type of thing several times. Levi gave her the medicine and brought the tea over shortly after.

"Rest while I make my mom's chicken noodle soup recipe," he said.

Hanji nodded. She laid back and sipped on the tea. It soothed her sore throat and tasted good as well. After a while, Levi finished the soup and fed Hanji. He also made sure she got much needed sleep.

This is what happened for the next week, Levi took care of Hanji and got her back to health. Of course, this pleased Zeke since he wanted Hanji back to normal for his clients.