10

"Go ahead and take a shower, I'll make you something to eat," Levi said.

"Also, let me know if there is any bruising, scrapes or scratches that I need to tend to."

Hanji nodded. Levi handed her a long white, soft, flowy, sleeping gown.

"Sorry, I didn't have time to wash your other clothes," Levi said.

Hanji hugged him.

"I don't care what it is, anything is better than what Zeke makes me wear," she said.

"Thank you."

Levi stood there frozen for a little before hugging her back.

"Go wash up and get warm," he said.

Hanji nodded, took the dress and headed to the attached bathroom. Levi began to make a simple pasta dish. Shortly after, Hanji came out freshly bathed and relaxed.

"Smells really good," she said.

"It's almost ready," Levi replied.

Hanji sat at the table and rested her head on her arms.

"I'll let you rest after dinner," Levi said as he put the pasta onto the plates.

He handed one to Hanji along with a glass of ice cold milk. Hanji ate hungrily. Levi made a mental note of this. It appeared she hadn't really eaten much in the last few days. He slipped her extra pasta from his own plate.

"I-I can't take your dinner," Hanji said.

"I'm giving it to you," Levi replied.

"I ate earlier."

Hanji smiled and thanked him. After they had finished eating, Levi cleaned up. Hanji offered to help but Levi said it was all right and for her to just rest. He could tell she was very tired; with all her make-up washed off, Levi could see the dark circles under her eyes. Hanji leaned against the table. Levi put his own items back into his backpack. He then walked over to Hanji and picked her up, bridal-style. This caused Hanji to blush but she liked when he held her, she felt safe. Levi laid her in bed and sat next to her.

"Get some sleep, you deserve it," he said.

Hanji curled up under the blankets and rested her head on a pillow on Levi's lap.

"Can you tell me a story?" Hanji asked.

"Of course," Levi replied.

He remembered an old fairytale his mother used to tell him, about a captive mermaid and the prince that fell in love with her and rescued her. Levi decided to tell Hanji that one. As he talked, Levi very gently stroked Hanji's hair. Hanji liked this feeling, it reminded her of her mom a little. She soon drifted off to sleep. Levi smiled softly and turned off the lights, only leaving the reading lamp on the nightstand lit.

"Sleep well Hanji," Levi said.

Another day came and went. Hanji paced about her room waiting for Levi after her show. Moments later, in he came. Hanji ran up and hugged him.

"Hey there," Levi said as he hugged her.

"We need to talk Levi," Hanji replied.

"Uh sure, okay," Levi said.

He and Hanji sat down on the end of the bed. Hanji was fidgety. She looked nervous.

"Hanji what's wrong?" Levi asked concern in his voice.

"I...it's not that anything is wrong," Hanji replied.

"You're nervous about something," Levi said.

"So that makes me think something is wrong."

Hanji took a breath.

"I've...I've never said this to anyone, but Levi...I'm falling for you," she said.

"All the things you do for me, the way you care and treat me like I'm human. You don't take advantage of me even though you could. You are kind and caring when you're with me and I look forward to our time."

Levi pulled her into his arms.

"I like you too," he whispered.

"Y-you do?" Hanji asked.

"Yes, and I could tell our bond was growing," Levi said.

"But I was not going to say anything because I didn't want to ruin anything."

Hanji felt a smile pull at her lips. He really did care and felt the same as she.

"You're a lovely woman and I'm falling for you more and more each day," Levi said.

"I also thought that I should hide it because I don't want you getting hurt."

"With you I'm safe," Hanji replied.

"I promise you Hanji, I will get free from this place," Levi said.

"I will."

Hanji buried her face in his chest. She desperately wanted to believe this but...this was her life, there was no way he would be able to rescue her from this hell.

What she didn't know though was that when Levi promised something, he always stuck to his promises.

----------

Several months had passed. Levi and Hanji's bond grew stronger and stronger. Zeke was thankfully still unaware of their relationship. Levi booked as many nights he could with Hanji. She was always so excited to see him.

This time of year, was usually full of joy for everyone. It was Christmas season. Hanji though, never had the joy of Christmas. It was spent alone, locked in a tiny room, while everyone else was home with their families. Something she didn't have. Something that had cruelly been taken from her.

----------