6

It was evening of the next day. Levi was once again, seated in the back, his usual place. The bartender started to serve tea specifically due to Levi. A new singer came out, which concerned Levi. Hanji always sang...

"Mr. Ackerman," Zeke said walking up.

"Evening," Levi replied.

"I'm afraid to say that my little songbird isn't in the best condition at the moment," Zeke explained.

"I would be happy to switch your night to another time so you may have the best experience."

"No," Levi said.

Zeke looked at him.

"I scheduled my night for tonight and I will not switch, regardless of her condition," Levi said.

"She can handle it I assume."

"Y-yes of course!" Zeke replied.

"You can head up early if you'd like to."

Levi nodded and headed upstairs. His steps got quicker as he got closer. Something was wrong and Levi knew it. He knocked on the door.

"Hanji?" Levi said.

No answer.

"Hanji?!" Levi said again.

Still quiet. Levi threw the door open. Hanji was nowhere in sight. Now he started to panic.

"L-Levi," came a weak voice.

"You're...you're here."

Levi spun around. There she was, coming out of the bathroom. Levi noticed immediately she was not okay. Hanji walked with pained movements and she had a silk robe held tightly around her body.

"What happened?" Levi asked.

He picked her up and carried her straight to the bed.

"I-I'm fine," Hanji replied, wincing.

"You're lying, I know it," Levi said.

"Tell me."

Hanji sighed. She pulled the robe off and revealed the bruising, red marks, chafed skin rubbed raw and several cuts.

"WHAT HAPPENED." Levi asked, horrified.

"Just another client," Hanji replied.

Levi practically ripped open his backpack and pulled out a first aid kit.

"WHO." He demanded.

Hanji was quiet.

"Hanji WHO did this?" Levi asked.

"Floch Forster," Hanji replied.

"I should kill him for hurting you," Levi growled.

"But... you are more important."

He laid her back against the pillows.

"Rest and let me take care of you," Levi said.

"I-I can't let you do that!" Hanji replied.

"I won't let you stop me," Levi said.

"Wh-what about Zeke?" Hanji asked worried.

"If he asks, I'll just say I couldn't screw you while you were bleeding," Levi said.