3

Next evening-

Levi walked into Paradis and found himself a seat near the back again. Tonight, he would be able to meet with Hanji. Levi hoped he would find out more about her and her past. The announcer came out and did his usual speech about the night and then Hanji came out.

Levi was a bit impatient. He just wanted to see Hanji again. Not up on stage but more personal. He knew she would be alone so maybe she would tell him more about what was going on.

"All right, that's it for the night!" Zeke said.

"More singers will be performing but my little song-bird has a meeting. Enjoy your evening!"

Levi was up and by the side of the stage in a matter of seconds.

"Ah! Mr. Ackerman, wonderful to see you here!" Zeke said.

"Hanji is waiting for you upstairs. Just go to the door at the end of the wall and then up the stairs and you'll come across a door halfway down the hall."

Levi nodded and followed Zeke's instructions. He found a thick wooden door in the dimly lit hallway. Levi knocked.

"C-come in," a timid female voice said.

Levi opened the door. There was Hanji.

"W-welcome," Hanji said.

Levi shut the door, engaging the lock; more for his own privacy not to keep Hanji in. He turned around only to see Hanji start undressing herself.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Levi exclaimed.

He rushed over and yanked her lingerie back on, covering her body. Levi didn't realize he was a bit harsh in his stopping her.

"I-I'm sorry!" Hanji exclaimed.

She dropped to her hands and knees, immediately covering her head.

"I...I'm sorry!" Hanji whimpered.

"P-please forgive me! I-I didn't mean to upset you!"

Levi noticed she was trembling.

"Hey, easy miss, I'm not going to do anything," he said.

Hanji nervously looked at him.

"I met you the other day, I'm Levi, remember?" Levi said in a soft voice as he knelt down.

"Y-you helped me with m-my bag," Hanji replied.

Levi nodded and offered her his hand. Hanji reached out and with her shaking hand, took Levi's hand.

"Hanji, right?" Levi asked as he helped her up.

"Hanji Zoe," Hanji replied.

"Th-that's my full name."

Levi smiled softly.

"I'm Levi Ackerman," he said.

"Thank you for your help," Hanji replied.

Levi nodded. Hanji pulled out a flyer from the drawer.

"H-here," she muttered handing it to him and stepping back.

"What is this?" Levi asked taking it.

"M-my services," Hanji replied.

Levi looked at it. His eyes went wide. It was a list of services. All of these... were sexual... Bondage, toy play, food play, BDSM, etc. This was disgusting to him. Hanji was just a plaything to Zeke. A toy for him to sell to his wretched customers.

"What is...this?" Levi asked.

"Pick your choice and I am yours..." Hanji replied.

"To do with what you wish."

"Absolutely not. No way in hell!" Levi said.

"B-but that...that is what I am f-for," Hanji replied looking down.

"It is not!" Levi said.

"You are a human Hanji, not some sex slave..."

Hanji looked at him.

"Y...you don't understand," she said.

"Then tell me, help me understand," Levi said.

"I...I can't..." Hanji replied.

Before Levi could reply, he heard her stomach grumble.

"F-forgive me," Hanji said.

"Are you hungry?" Levi asked.

"Yes...v-very much so," Hanji replied.

"Do...you not get fed?" Levi asked, shocked.

"Zeke...he uh...only feeds me if I'm well behaved," Hanji replied.

"I guess I haven't been good enough..."

"How long has it been since you last ate?" Levi said.

"2 days," Hanji replied.

"I-I mean I keep some secret food in my room but it's just like a granola bar a day or every other day."

Levi was appalled. How could someone starve a person?!

"Well, there's a kitchen here so, let me whip something up," Levi said.

"The kitchen is mostly there for client's sexual fantasies," Hanji replied.

"There's food though yes?" Levi asked.

"All stocked," Hanji replied.

"That's perfect," Levi said.

He rolled up his sleeves and gathered some ingredients.

"Since you haven't eaten in 2 days...I'll have to make something simple, so it won't upset your stomach," Levi said.

"Anything is good to me," Hanji replied.

Levi began to make soup. Hanji sat at the table. Levi noticed she was fidgety, trying to hide her exposed skin. He stopped for a moment.

"Go take a hot shower and I'll have dinner ready when you come back," Levi said helping her up.

"Y-you don't want me to do anything for you?" Hanji asked.

"No sexual fantasies to indulge on or something?"

"No, I am here to help you Hanji," Levi replied.

"I will not hurt you nor take your body for my advantage. The moment I saw you with Zeke, I knew something was wrong. He was aggressive and I could see the look in your eyes that you weren't happy."

"You could tell all that from a brief 3 minute meeting?" Hanji asked.

"I can. I'm very good at reading the situation, something I've learned over time," Levi replied.

"Now, go take care of yourself and relax a little."

He smiled gently to her. Hanji walked to the bathroom, still in utter shock that Levi refused to use her like she had been used before. Instead, he was taking care of her. This was all so new to her and it felt weird but also nice.