Kabanata 46 - Last Gift

Start from the beginning

"I don't understand. But can you tell me where I am?"

Itinuro niya ang noo ko, "In your dreams. This will be the way to correct the events in the story."

"Correct the story...?" Nauutal kong sabi.

Tumango si Olivia, her eyes was sympathetic, "The story must happened, Amaury. Kahit naiba ang takbo, ang importante ay mangyayari pa din ang lahat na nakaayon sa akda. It cannot be changed. The ending must happened."

Napasinghap ako, nag-simulang tumulo ang mga luha sa mata ko.

"Then what about my efforts and hard work to stay alive?"

"It's all futile." Simple niyang sagot, "No matter how hard you try to survive, the story will kill you automatically. Amaury must die. Sa kahit na ano pa man paraan."

"Ganoon na lamang ba kawalang kwenta ang buhay ko para hilingin ng mundo na mamatay ako?" I said to myself, but loud enough for her to hear.

Olivia held my hand, "I did try to give you a meaningful life, Amaury. Believe me I tried. Pero may hangganan lamang ang kaya ko. And this is the end of it. I even put the Grand Priest close to you so he could help you, but the story itself is powerful. I tried to take you away from the people who will cause your death. Ilang beses kitang nilayo kay Dale because being close to him can ruin the story. And if you want to stay alive, you have to leave them and stay away para magkaroon ng connection ang mga dapat na magkaroon ng ugnayan. But you didn't, that's why the story killed you."

Para akong sinaksak sa dibdib ng sinabi niya. Ito na ba talaga ang huli? Naalala ko pa ang mga salita ni Lucas bago dumating si Dale.

"Patawad, Amaury. I cannot heal you anymore." He look so devastated, namumula ang mata na pinipigilan ang mga luha, "If only I could give you my soul.. I would gladly trade it with yours, for you to stay alive. But I know how to help you now. You just need to die and abandoned this current life. "

That time, hindi pa nag-sisink in sakin ang nangyayari, but seeing... hearing those words from Olivia, wake me up from my dream. It is happening, I am really dying. Ngumisi ako ng mapakla as I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"This is part of my last gift to you, Amaury. I'm letting you see the future of the characters that you love."

My heart skips a beat nang ibalik ko muli ang tingin ko sa harapan. I can hear the little child speaking habang tumatawa naman si Gabriel.

"I cried a little but I stopped immediately, so stop laughing at me Papa! Itanong mo pa kay Kuya Abel!"

Tumango si Gabriel at saka hinalikan sa pisngi ang batang babae, "Alright, Amaury. I'm sorry for laughing."

Then nilingon ni Gabriel ang babae na nasa tabi niya, "Our daughter is strong, isn't she Emeline? Parang si Papa at Kuya Abel niya."

Emeline smiles warmly to her family and nodded.

"Even if you're dead, in the original story your brother honours you and named his daughter Amaury." I heard Olivia speaking on my side.

"He married Emeline and now he is very powerful right hand of the Emperor." She said then suddenly whispered, "Ngayon, darating na ang taong pinaka-hihintay mo."

As if on cue, Dale walked in. Along with his son and... Serena. He was laughing. Masaya niyang pinagmamasdan si Serena sa tabi niya habang nasa gitna ang kanilang anak. As expected, they look happy together. Hinding hindi ko matutumbasan ang kasiyahan ni Dale kung si Serena talaga ang makakatuluyan niya. Nakaramdam ako ng bigat sa dibdib as I look away.

"It's enough. I don't want to see anymore."

Bumuntong hininga si Olivia, "Is that really what you want?"

Tumango ako. Alam ko nang walang mangyayaring pagbabago kung mawala man ako o hindi.

"I have to show you one more thing, Amaury. So you can leave this world, your life as Amaury without regretting anything."

With a snap of her fingers, napunta ako sa kwarto ni Dale. The Dale in front of me now, was different from the Dale I saw before.

"I had to take you away from them or else they will be miserable. The story wasn't supposed to revolve around you, Amaury. Hindi ikaw ang bida sa storya na ito. You are simply a filler character needed for the story. And I cannot let the characters suffer because of you."

Napasinghap ako habang tinititigan si Dale. He look so miserable. I have never seen him this sorrowful before.

"This is what happen to Dale after you were gone. After a few years he is still grieving. The light on his life left him when you died. He became miserable."

Patuloy ang paghikbi ko sa nakikita.

"Your mother had a miscarriage. She became depressed after knowing your death. Your father had to support your mother and left the responsibility of the House to your brother that causes him a lot of stress."

"No... not my family... No more, please. I don't want to hear or see anything! I... I just want them all to be happy!"

Huminga ng malalim si Olivia as she looks at me, "I could let you stay here as Amaury and live all you want if you can. But I cannot guarantee the happiness of your family or Dale if you died. Or you will trust me to help you and accept your death right now."

"Who are you really?! Why are you doing this to me?"

Olivia shrugged, "I am just a witch, Amaury. A witch that's giving you a freedom to choose your fate."

"Now Amaury, for your last gift... Do you want to stay, and take chances to stay as Amaury Clerebold? Or leave the world and continue your old original life? Sabihin mo ang pinaka gusto ng puso mo at iyon ang tutuparin ko."

"Do I still have a life on my original world? I died, as I can remember."

Umiling si Olivia, "You are alive, Amaury. And your body is waiting for you if you wish to go back."

Nag-iwas ng tingin si Amaury, "Oh."

"You must choose now, Amaury."

'Whatever it is you wish Amaury. Please listen to your heart, as it is your guide to your true happiness.'

Olivia thought as she listens to Amaury's wish.

"Even if it is selfish of me... I want them to remember me. I want them to keep my memories forever. But I also want them to be happy and move on. Is that allowed? Can you make that happen, Olivia? That's my only wish. A wish to make them happy forever."

Ngumit si Olivia at tumango.

"I promise you that I will guide them to their happy endings."

Amaury longingly look at Dale who was laughing happily.

"Then, I don't have any regrets leaving. Thank you, Olivia."