Kabanata 28 - Intergral Infiltration

Kabanata 28

Integral infiltration

The hunting continued after an hour pero wala na kaming pakialam kung paano natapos ang maghapon. When the Crown Prince announced that the people may take rest for today and resume the hunt tomorrow, our group decided to leave immediately to see Dale. Besides, Sir Adam needs a better medication. His cut on his arms should be treated as soon as possible. Though hindi malalim pero mahaba ang sugat niya kaya naman madaming dugo ang nawala sakanya. When I get off the carriage ng makarating na sa capital ay una kong nakita si Albert holding the white wilting flower na nakuha ko kanina sa tent ng prinsipe. It was late in the afternoon and the sun was starting to set.

"Albert, put that flower on a jar or glass with water. Put a little bit sugar on it pagkatapos ay itapat mo sa kung saan may sinag pa ng araw."

Tumango si Albert sa utos ko. I'm trying to ease my mind by thinking of something else kesa ang pag-aalala kay Dale. Dahil panginginig lamang ang nangyayari sakin sa pag-iisip. I am terrified of his condition. Nang nasa harap na kami ng mansion ni Dale sa capital ay tila hindi na ako makakilos pa pahakbang papasok.

"Are you not going to enter, Amaury?" Gabriel asked me.

The large moon cross on the door welcomed us on the dela Fleur mansion. But I couldn't move. I couldn't step forward. My hands were cold, and I am scared. Unconsciously, I turned away from the door.

"Amaury..." Gabriel quickly grabbed my shoulders, stopping me from leaving.

"Big brother... I... I am scared."

He sighed and nodded, "We will go together."

While nearing Dale's room, I heard a loud crash sounded like a cup or bowl smash at the floor. Then Kaeden's shout was heard, the servants was waiting calmly outside the room.

"Young master! You must remember as long as the poison remains on your body you can't be cured by magic! Did you know all the trouble I went through just to get this antidote?!" Kaeden shouted.

This is the first time I've heard Kaeden exploded. The man never loses his composure so easily.

"I didn't ask you to." I heard Dale said coldly. "I don't need that antidote, or whatever you call medicine. What I need is to leave fucking place and go to Amaury! I promised her that I will come back for her."

"Young master, how could you get better if you don't drink the antidote? Lady Amaury would want to see you healed and healthy. My lord, I am asking you to please think of yourself."

I stood outside the door, frozen at the sight of Dale. He was sitting casually on the windowsill. His elbow was resting on his knee and his perfect jaw sit perfectly on his fist. Dale looked so bored while looking outside the window. He obviously didn't care about Kaeden's scolding. Mula sa position ko ay kita ang mga benda niyang may bakat pa ng mga dugo. His skin looks so pale dahil sa pagkawala ng dugo and plus the poison na kumakalat sa sistema niya. My heart sank seeing the situation he is in.

"Master, are you listening to me?!"

Hinilamos ni Dale ang kamay sa kanyang mukha. Mukhang iritable na dahil sa pagsigaw at pangaral ni Kaeden sakanya.

"You are too loud, Kaeden." He said coldly, he glances over him, "Leave the..."

He stopped when he saw me standing by the door just behind Kaeden. He stood up abruptly and immediately winced sa sakit sa biglaan pagbaba mula sa bintana.

I felt my heart beating against my chest when his grey eyes fell on me. All the emotions I felt earlier rushed at me. Tears started to pour on my cheek as he steps closer to me. Then in an instant a pair of strong but cold arms wrapped securely around me.

"Amaury." Dale said as he rests his head on my neck. I trembled on his hug.

"I made you worry, didn't I? I made you cry. I'm sorry." His voice was soft. I could feel his lips on my shoulder and how his arms tighten around my stomach.

I cupped his face and turned it to me. I was met with a gentle and sweet smile. I don't care kung isipin niyang pag-papanggap lamang ito. Basta alam ko sa sarili ko, I genuinely cared for this man. Seeing him fine and smiling, made my tears fall harder. I am glad the God listen to my prayer. Dale was safe, though he was harmed at least he is alive.

"Why did you get yourself hurt like this...?" I rubbed my thumb on his jaw, my visions starting to blurry dahil sa patuloy na pagbuhos ng luha, "Does it still hurt?"

He looked at me and only smiles. Habang ako ay umaapaw ang kaba at pag-aalala para sakanya, heto siya tila ba nasisiyahan pa sa nangyari sakanya!

"Dale! It is not a joke! I don't like seeing you like this." I almost shouted, but then caught myself immediately and spoke softly, "Why weren't you careful, Dale? Bakit hindi ka nag-ingat?! You told me you'll come back to me safely."

Instead of answering he took my hands and started to kiss my fingertips. His grey eyes looked at me intently, making it difficult for me to look away.

"Don't scare me like that again, Dale! Akala ko... Akala ko ay hindi ka na babalik!"- Humikbi ako ng kaunti. He reached for my cheeks and wipe the tears that keeps on flowing. He has no idea how scared I was earlier nang malaman ko na napahamak siya at malubha ang kalagayan.

I have liked Dale on my past life while reading the novel. And now, I fell in love with him while I was Amaury. Though my love for him would be ignored and forgotten kapag dumating na ang babae na dapat sakanya, I will still love him. Even from afar.

"I did promise you na babalik ako, hindi ba? I'll always be back for you, Amaury."

He cupped the back of my head and bent to kiss my forehead. When he held me against his heart all I felt was warm. I didn't know if he feels the same way as I do. It is not that I am asking him to love me back. I am just asking him to let me love him. Even just for a while. Hanggang sa dumating ang babae na dapat sakanya. Hindi ko alam ang kahihinatnan ng feelings ko na ito kay Dale.

But one thing is for sure, I feel at ease when I am with him.

* * *

Kaeden and Gabriel quietly took a step back when they saw the two having an intimate scene.

Kaeden sighed as he put the cup of antidote on the table near them at saka lumabas ng kwarto. While Gabriel took a deep breath after what he witnesses sa dalawa.

He remembered the conversation Adam and Dale had few nights ago. He overheard it when he was about to knocked on Dale's study room.

"Duke Crescendo..."- Adam spoke, "I ask as your knight and as your friend."

"Do you have feelings for Lady Amaury?"

Kumunot ang noo ni Gabriel. Of course, he has feelings for his sister! Isn't that the reason why Dale proposes to Amaury? Because he loves her!?

"No. Maybe I do... I don't know."- paiba-ibang sagot ni Dale sa tanong, "Amaury is very different. I can't read her. I can feel this sort of different emotions when I am with her. It is very confusing."

"You have been acting different lately, Duke. If you have feelings to the Lady, why not tell her? And ask her to make the contract real."

"Adam, don't say such weird things." Dale said with a sadness on his voice. "I cannot force Amaury to do something na labag sa loob niya. I am not that heartless, Adam. I will never force her."

Gabriel realized that Dale and Amaury's relationship was only a contract, but their reaction earlier was genuine and true. Napapikit si Gabriel dahil sa gulo ng isipan.

"Ugh whatever! They are both old enough para panindigan ang mga desisyon nila. As long as I can see my sister happy, hindi ako makikialam. Unless..." He looks back and whisper something na sarili lamang niya ang nakarinig.

With that he went to the other room kung nasaan ang iba pang knights na sugatan.

Leaving the two love bird alone on the room.