Kabanata 25 - Spring Hunt

Kabanata 25

Spring Hunt

The day of the Spring Hunt has come. My maids, with Portia leading them went to my room to help me with my dress. I knew already how to fix myself but with their help it would be much easier and faster. I took a simple almond bath as they prepare my dress and food. After, I wore the white layer for my dress na gawa of course by my trusted designer na si Sir Eliott.

"I wonder who would be the darling of the crowd later on the Spring Hunt?" Bigkas ng isa kong maid.

Beth snickered as she fixes my corset, "Of course it would be our Lady! She will be the most charming on the hunt." She said na sinang-ayunan naman ng lahat.

Agad na namula ang mukha ko sa papuri nila. I wasn't used to people praising me dahil I was just a normal college student on my past life. Hindi maganda at hindi pansinin. My first love wasn't very much successful because of my appearance. I was hideous on my past life. Kaya naman seeing Amaury this pretty shocked me. She has a long wavy crimson hair and bright green eyes. A glass like skin with a feminine figure. Her doll eyes can charm everyone she laid her eyes on to.

For the Spring Hunt I decided to wear a cream coloured off-shoulder dress na nag-co-compliment sa fair skin ko. Portia was the one doing my hair. Pinusod niya ito upang maging isang bun. Then made a small bangs using the tip of my hair. It was neat and gorgeous. They put a little colour on my eyes then finish it off with a light red lipstick. I smiled as I saw my reflection on the mirror. I am beautiful. Amaury is beautiful!

Ilang beses ko na nakikita ang itsura na ito pero hindi pa rin ako nagsasawa. Amaury have an infinite charm. Too bad, the readers didn't appreciate her that much dahil sa maagang pagkamatay sa novel and how the author described her as a shy and meek girl who doesn't leave the house. Pero ngayon na naiiba na ang katangian ni Amaury, many people started to notice her. The shy girl is now gone. I just hope I didn't alter much of the story because I didn't plan to stay in this situation. After kong masiguro ang kaligtasan ko, I'll leave and let the original story take its course.

I know marami nang pangyayari ang nagbago. The first one was the start of the novel where Emeline and Gabriel entered the debutante ball. It was supposed to be the Crown Prince, then they will announce their engagement. Doon ma-le-label si Emeline as the Crown Princess. Second was Beatrice attention was drifted into Emeline kesa na sakin na kapatid ni Gabriel. Ako dapat ang pag-iinitin niya at hindi si Emeline. And the latest one was the news of Beatrice Childe not attending the Spring Hunt. Beatrice Childe would be an instrument para magkalapit ang dalawang main lead. If the villainess isn't present, how could they have a development?

Sumasakit ang ulo ko sa mga nangyaring pagbabago. I wasn't prepared for those things. All I wanted was to survive. Hindi ko inexpect na sa kilos at decision ko na iyon ay magagalaw ang lahat ng pangyayari.

I wasn't meant to meet Gabriel until the peak of summer. I wasn't meant to meet Emeline ever, Amaury is already dead by the time Emeline and Gabriel started to fall for each other. Amaury wasn't meant to be engaged with the Duke of Brixton. All of that happens because of my one decision, and that is to survive.

Portia put a white cloak over my shoulder, "The sun would be too much to bear. This cloak would protect your skin, Lady Amaury."

I smiled despite sa pagka-down sa mga iniisip, "Thank you, Portia."

She eyed me. Ang kanyang malapusang mata ay tila binabasa kung ano ang iniisip ko. Isa pa itong si Portia! I didn't know who she was on the novel but her past interaction with my brother makes me suspicious of her. I can feel there's something going on with them. The more I think about it the more I become curious on what's their relationship really is.