Kabanata 26 - Crown Prince

Kabanata 26

Crown Prince

It has been a few hours nang magsimula ang Spring Hunt. Half of the people na nandito kanina ay nagtungo na sa hunting ground.

I was drinking my tea and enjoying my leisure time when a royal guard approached me. Agad na pumusisyon sa harap ko si Albert, "State your purpose."

I can hear the hostility of Albert words towards the royal knight. Maybe they know the conflict between Dale and the Imperial family? They wouldn't serve Dale without that knowledge, right? Lalo na kung ang apat kong guard ay mula sa Crescent Wolf na isang sikretong organization.

The royal knight handed a letter with the royal seal on it, "Your Highness, the Crown Prince requested an audience with Lady Clerebold."

Napakunot ang noo ko. What's the Crown Prince have to do with me? I haven't done anything para magkita kaming dalawa. And I am not interested on meeting him! I am not supposed to meet him on this novel.

Albert hastily took the letter and examine it, "Lady, do you want me to read it?"

Ibinaba ko ang tsaa ko at saka naglahad ng palad sakanya, "It's alright, Albert. I'll do it."

Seryosong inabot sakin ni Albert ang sulat pagkatapos ay bumalik muli sa posisyon. He went to my side habang sinenyasan si Sid na pumwesto sa kabilang gilid ko. The other two remains sa likuran ko. I am really guarded. Binuksan ko ang sulat na mula sa crown prince, after reading, it was not the crown prince who wrote the letter. It was from a royal aide, named Ivan na nangangalaga sa crown prince. He wants me to meet the Crown Prince because the said man requested my presence. It was because of my kindness to the people.

Wala akong maalala na ginawa na kakaiba. I have no idea kung ano ang tinutukoy niya sa letter. I have never left Duke's estate for a long-time kaya naman wala akong idea kung ano ang tinutukoy sa liham.

"Do I need to come?"

My question was for my knights, I want to ask their opinion on this. They know how Dale hates the imperial family. Kaya I was hoping they know what I shall do on this request. Pero bago pa man makasagot sila Albert, the royal knight cleared his throat trying to get our attention.

"The royal command is absolute. You cannot disobey it without a proper reason."

Albert hissed pero hindi nagsalita. The royal knight was on a higher position than him. Even though it was just a low rank knight, he still serves the imperial family. While Albert and the others was only a soldier from the humble house of a Duke.

I sighed and stood up, "Then I shall grant the Crown Prince's invitation."

I signalled Albert to start walking but the royal knight stops him.

"The invitation only extended to the Lady. Other participation is not granted."

Albert reaches out the handle of his sword, "We are the trusted guard of the Lady. Wherever she goes, we must follow."

"What you are doing was treason, soldier. A journey to death sentence." Banta ng royal knight kay Albert.

Albert was taken a back for a second but remain firm, "If it that's what it takes to guard the Lady, then I'll gladly offer my life."

Bago pa man magkainitan ang dalawa, agad akong pumagitna. I need to protect my soldiers. Even though they're not mine, pero sila ang pumoprotekta sakin para maging ligtas ako, maybe I can do something for them hmm?

"I'll bring my soldiers along; I'll take the responsibility of bringing them."

"But..." Pagkontra muli niya.