Day 23 - Blush

Chat looked over at Marinette as she spun around in her desk chair, blowing her bangs out of her face. It was a Saturday afternoon, and they were both extremely bored.

"Mari," he dragged out, watching her stop spinning and gaze at him, blinking quickly as her dizziness wore off.

"What's up?" she asked, leaning on her knees and putting her chin in her hands.

"You know how when you ask me to paint your nails I do it expertly?" he asked, and Marinette snickered a little, rolling her eyes.

"Sure. What about it?" she wondered, moving her hand in front of her face to glance at her nails that he'd painted a few days earlier.

"Well, I think I could do an equally expert job at your makeup," he smirked, watching as she raised her eyebrows and looked over at him again as he sat up straighter on her chaise.

"Oh really?" she asked, and he nodded, smiling.

"I can't say too much, but I'm not totally unfamiliar in the makeup department," he shrugged, seeing a look of amusement work its way onto her face.

"Ooh!" she giggled. "Are you a famous beauty guru?" she teased, making him chuckle.

"Maybe, but you'll never know," he joked right back, winking playfully. She laughed, standing up and moving to her vanity.

"Well then, come show me what you've got," she said, and he stood to meet her, bringing her desk chair with him for her to sit on. She laid out all the products she had, and he fixed the lighting in the room, making sure he could see her well enough.

As he got started, he realized he would be touching her a lot, blushing slightly.

"Let's start with your eyebrows, mademoiselle," he said, making her chuckle. He was hoping to try and joke around as much as possible so he wouldn't focus on how cute she looked. He picked up her eyebrow product, giving it a once over and opening it carefully. He outlined her eyebrows gently, pressing a few fingers against her chin to steady himself. When he'd finished, she glanced in the mirror, snickering a little.

"What?" he asked, thinking he'd done a great job.

"They're just a little bolder than I usually go for," she told him, turning to look back up at him.

"My bad, princess. I'll italicize them next time," he teased, making her snort and laugh pretty hard. He laughed along, happy for a distraction from her knee-buckling beauty that he always tried not to think about. Because he'd been coming over more and more, he'd seen her in every mood, every state of makeup and no makeup, and he still thought she was utterly stunning at every moment. He didn't know how much more his heart could handle.

He moved to her foundation next, admiring how even her skin tone already was. When he highlighted her cheek bones and just under her brow bone, he was in awe of the way she seemed to light up the room even more than before.

Chat pulled out the mascara, seeing her deflate slightly.

"Just warning you now, I'm gonna blink a lot," she told him, and he chuckled, twisting the tube open. "Alya did my makeup once, and it took her ten minutes to get me to stay still," she said, blinking up at him. He shrugged, brushing her bangs out of her face gently and beginning to apply the mascara. She blinked a few times in surprise, and he smiled, willing to be as patient as needed.

"I've never put on mascara, but it doesn't seem very fun," he commented, and she held his gaze, her blinking calming down as he continued. Her eyes were stunning as they stared back at him.

"It's worth it," she spoke quietly, and he realized how close he was, his cheeks lighting up under his mask. He finished quickly, clearing his throat as he turned back to the vanity, beginning to look for a lipstick. He picked out a soft pink shade while his heart slowed down, turning back to her and catching a glimpse of her own slightly shy expression.

"Ready for the finishing touch?" he asked, and she smiled, tilting her head up to allow him to apply the lipstick. After touching it up, he stepped away, admiring his work and the gorgeous girl that was only more breathtaking with his additions.

"How did I do?" he asked, and she turned to look into the mirror, looking a little surprised.

"Wow, Chat," she breathed out, tilting her head to look at herself from a few different angles. She turned back to him, grinning and knocking the breath from his lungs. She was going to be the death of him.

"Do I look better than before?" she asked, obviously joking around, but the thought made him shake his head before he could really even think.

"No, you always look beautiful," he told her, no hint of humor in his voice. Her smile fell as his cheeks grew red.

Chat wasn't sure how much blush he'd put on her, but he knew that the pink tint that was spreading across her whole face definitely wasn't makeup.

_____

thank you all for reading!! 

i got inspiration for this from Megan Batoon's video with Ian Eastwood. it's such a cute video, and it was the first thing I thought of when thinking of an idea for this prompt

mel x