Chapter Twenty-Six

I woke up at around 5am staring at my roots in the mirror after a shower. The silver had grown in and it was time for a change. I looked around my cabinets for the hair dye that I bought for when I decided to go back to my natural colour. I dried, bleached and coloured my hair. It was back to its sliver and I couldn't have been happier.

It was the weekend and Hamiko had called me around 8am to talk about the festival. We'd meet around noon at the Cafe then we would head off to the festival at 1:30. It was ment to be warm out so I was looking forward to the nice weather. I walked across the hall to Tōru's room before knocking.

"No." I smiled at his childishness.

"I didn't even ask yet." I heard him groan before opening the door.

"What can I help you with Pancake?" I smiled at him before pulling him into my room not caring about the fact he only has track pants on.

"I'm going to a festival and I need help deciding what to wear." He nodded and walked into my closet riffling around my dresses.

He grabbed one handing it to me before going to my jewelry box. I walked into my washroom and changed well he went through my jewelry. It was a white dress with a plunging neck line that hugged my body and became looser around my hips. The sleeves were short and there was a blue floral design that laid around the shoulders and became less clustered around the rest of the dress.

   I smiled at how it hugged my chubbier body but didn't make me seem fat

I smiled at how it hugged my chubbier body but didn't make me seem fat. I walked out and did a little spin before walking to Tōru. He stared at something and when I stood beside him my smiled dropped.

"Where'd you get this one? It looks expensive." I gently took the simple ring from his fingers before kissing the three small aquamarine gemstones that lined up on the small silver band.

"It was, my father bought it for my mother when they told us she didn't have long to live. Aquamarine is said to inspire trust and letting go. He knew we would have to let her go at some point, we just had to trust god would carry her to the heavens." I slid the ring back into the box before looking at the other jewelry.

"How about a necklace?" Tōru nodded going back to the box.

It was a simple gold chain with a thin golden plate with my birthday in Roman numerals. III/XIX/XIXXCVI. March 19th, 1996.

"Perfect, do you mind helping me?" I turned around my hair still in its towel.

He clipped the two chains together and I turned around.

"Only three things left to do, hair, shoes, and make-up. Mind helping me with the first two?" He nodded and I sat down and took the towel off my head.

"Your hair." I nodded and began drying it with the towel.

Tōru began to brush my hair but something was off. He seemed really quite, he likes to talks when he helps me get ready.

"Are you okay Tōru? You're really quiet." He stopped brushing my hair putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Can I tell you something?" I put my hands on his nodding.

"Of course Tōru." He leaned down resting his forehead on top of my hair.

"The fan girls are getting to be too much." I laughed not thinking that was the real reason.

They've always been too much for him, he's said it so often.

"After the game I heard a bunch of girl talking about you. They were so rude, I just don't understand how a group of girls could be so obsessed with someone that they want to hurt someone." I run my fingers through his hair finally realizing why it was so hard on him this time.

"Tōru, they can't get near me. I have at least 2 of the boys around me at all times. I have Hamiko and I can defend myself. You have nothing to worry about." He nodded and went back to brushing my hair.

"So who you meeting that your getting so dressed up for." I laughed at his instant change in attitude.

"Happy to see you back."