Chapter Eighteen

I could hear the other team talk about Kageyama.

"Kageyama isn't anything like what you told us." I walked over forgetting about my crutches.

"You haven't seen him like that because he's changed. He doesn't have a whole team relaying on him." I thought back to his last game, the team just bailed on him.

Hamiko forced me to go, we thought it would be fun but instead it just broke our hearts.

"His back isn't breaking with all the team sitting on his shoulders. He had to hold the team up well you guys just played like children." They looked at me and with looks of shock.

"I didn't know there was a Spiker who could take his insane tosses!" We all turned around as a new voice bumped in.

"You're wrong there. It seems to me that their Number 5 isn't even looking at the ball whatsoever." The team gathered around their coach as I sat myself down on the bench.

"Coach what do you mean?" The coach looked down at me.

"I believe that Kageyama is pinpoint-aiming the ball at the downward swing of the spiker's palm." The team looked unnerved at this new information.

"Is that even possible to do?" The coach gave me one last look.

"I've only seen it once before. Have you boys heard of the 'War Zone' before?" They looked around at their teammates seeing if anyone has heard of it before.

"They were a team of two girls who rotated on being each other's Setters. They had such a connection they could predict each other's movements. Both were able to powerfully flatten a ball blindly in the court, all because they knew and had faith in one another." They looked shocked at the shorter female who walk in on the conversation.

Her black bangs covered her blue eyes and her acid green nails slightly dig into her arms.

"Their names were Kageyama Hamiko and Tenma Hikari." We looked at the team together and you could see the team looked frightened at our voices as they merged together.

We walked off back to our team looking intimidating. We never really talked about War Zone. It was really more about how we made the balls explode with the force of our spikes than the fact we hit them blindly because we trusted each other.

You could tell Hamiko and I blanked out since we weren't watching the game and making comments. We just stared off with our head on our fist as our elbows rested on our knees.

Our faces seemed like they were covered with a hood. The small fighting between the players became distant. Everything seemed like we were dunked under water.

We didn't notice the points becoming closer to each other. No one came near us even when we weren't handing out waters. I stood up without my crutches finally coming out of my trance when screaming was heard from the girls over head.

I looked over and there and behold was the wavy haired brunette who stole girls hearts by the second.

"Oikawa."