Chapter Seventeen

We stayed close behind in points staying at least one behind.

"Chance ball!" Tanaka hollered out to the team.

"I'm free!" Hinata went after the ball and received it.

I couldn't help but keep my eyes on the onion-head blocker. They jumped ready to block Hinata but Kageyama set the ball to Tanaka. Tanaka spiked it enthusiastically getting it to stay in the court.

"How do you like me now Onion-top. I told you you'd found out in the game." What is he talking about?

"I shouted at them, thinking I was gonna hit it. I'm so embarrassed!" I leaned on Hamiko getting close to her ear.

"Remember your second game? You did exactly that, but you almost strangled our setter." She laughed and we turned back to the boys.

"Nothings wrong with that. You jump really meaning to hit it, and that makes the suckers jump with you." I smiled at Kageyama giving Hinata advice.

For someone who doesn't like him he sure is giving the shorty a lot of tips.

"Does that really work?" I laughed slightly making the team look at me I wave them off telling them silently it's nothing.

The onion-head looked irritated and I couldn't wait to see this guy get more pissed off. He was a real jackass to me on my last year in junior high. Why was he so mean to his Senpai?

"Chill out, Kindaichi." So that's the Onions name.

"We're making our attacks count." I frowned letting a low growl out of my throat.

We're working our asses off and your barely doing anything.

"Did you just growl?" I turned to Hamiko who looked frightened.

I nodded before getting off the bench and standing by the side lines. Another spike went over the net and you could tell the boys were getting excited and getting their confidence back.

My eyes widened as Hinata received the ball and it bounce off his arms into his face. Daichi dived to catch it to keep it in play. Tanaka spiked it putting us another point up.

Tsukishima blocked their next attack shutting it down completely giving us another point. Hinata's blind spike just stayed in the court giving us the total of three new points.

"I'm treating these boys to hot buns when we get back. They deserve it." We gathered up so the boys could get a drink and rest up for a couple seconds.

Hinata stayed starring at his hand. I made my way over to him smiling.

"That stinging, it feels great doesn't? It gives you a new found love for spiking aye?" He nodded and I walked away to help the girls.

"What's up Hinata?" Hinata turned around to face Daichi and I kept my eyes on them.

"The first time I played in a game, I thought it was up to me to carry the game. But now I'm surrounded by all these players who are way better than me, so the only thing I can do now is believe in them and jump. I never really had to worry about everything else, right?" I felt tears come to my eyes.

I forgot that he had to carry that last game in his junior high years by himself. He was special, in a really good way.