Chapter Eight

Mazuko walked calmly beside me once and a while lightly bumping my knee with him nose.

"I'm not in any pain Mazuko." Mazuko was a mobility assistance dog.

Since I have major arthritis in my knee I can spend days where I have limited mobility and have to use crutches to move around. He opens doors for me, hits buttons on elevators, and grabs things when I'm on crutches or just in too much pain to move.

His teal personalized vest carried his identification and my medication. In white lettering it clearly said 'Service dog' and 'Please do not pet'. His thick black collar had a 'Do not pet' patch attached. I walked on his left side and his leash was attached to his vest and was wrapped around my wrist a couple times.

People walked around us in suits so it was clear that we were nearing the business district. I whistled as I walked, a sad habit I got from Tōru. Soon enough I neared the Cherry Bloom Café. I walked inside and looked around.

Painted cherry blossoms were littered around the cafe and it was clear the cafe was themed around the tall cherry blossom that made its home across the street in the park. Little Bonsai cherry blossoms adorned each table and people looked happy to be here. I was broken out of my thoughts by the joyful Hamiko.

She was stood up and waving her arms around like a maniac and I was worried she was going to kill someone with her slightly grown acid green nails. I smiled before making my way over and pulled out my phone to let Tōru know I made it safely.

As I finally neared the table Hamiko pulled me tightly into a hug.

"Kari, I'm so glad you could make it." I hugged her back with my free hand well Mazuko sat patently.

"And you brought Mazuko!" She quickly pat him knowing that if she spent too much time petting him people would think he's a fake.

"These are the friends of mine I wanted you to meet. That's Tendō Satori." She pointed time the happy looking spiked red head.

I shook his hand smiling.

"I'm Tenma Hikari, it's a pleasure to meet you. Your a middle blocker, am I correct?" His already wide eyes somehow widened more and his grin slightly faltered.

"How did you know?" I smiled thinking about my old team.

"I find that most Middle blockers are full of energy and aren't usually afraid to show all that energy off." His smile stayed on his face and I turned to Hamiko waiting for her to introduce me to the other male.

"The mean looking one's Ushijima Wakatoshi." I shook him hand and took notice of the roughness of him hands.

He had olive coloured hair that slightly looked brown and his eyes were a matching olive colour. He did look in fact mean but his eyes told me that he wasn't really all that mean.

"By the roughness of your hands and your large build I'm judging that you're an Ace. I also find that Aces are either a cinnamon roll or look mean but are really a cinnamon roll." He blinked a couple times before he finally opened his mouth.

"I'm not a cinnamon roll, I'm a human." I blinked a bit before laughing.

"Yes, that you truly are. I apologize for not explaining." Hamiko looked at me surprised, usually when someone doesn't understand I call them stupid and naïve.

"Cinnamon roll is slang for someone being cute and innocent." Ushijima frowned his brows before nodding.

I finally took a seat between Ushijima and Hamiko. I reached over and took Mazuko's vest off. I really only put it on him so I could get through the street without everyone asking to pet him. Technically he didn't need his vest or any identification.