Chapter Two

Suga was my upperclassmen in middle school but when I broke my leg he made it a point to stop by the store everyday to give me my work. He even got everyone on our teams to sign a volleyball as a gift. It was funny to see everyone's writing crammed well Noya and Hamiko's writing almost took up the whole ball. Keishin found it humorous how when the team of boys walked in each night after practice I would be a blushing mess. They would complement my past games.

They wanted for when I got back to full health that I would play a couple sets with them. Suga and Keishin hated the idea. They didn't want me to get hurt. But I loved it I really wanted to be back on the court. No I needed to be back on the court.

It was like telling a shark they can't swim. In order for the shark to live it needs to be in constant movement. I was stuck with very little movement for so long. Just to make sure I would be okay to take the movement necessary, my dad forced me to take 2 weeks off of school. Now I was back and I couldn't have been happier. I stayed away from the gyms for the most part.

But after they found out they had their first practice game Suga and Daichi came running into my math class yelling that they needed my help. Now, I couldn't pass that up.
---

"Come on Kari, just one practice! I know how much you miss the court!" I turned around with a blank stare.

"Just because I miss the course doesn't mean I want to be on it!" Daichi grabs my arm dragging me with him ignoring my comment.

"Who are you even playing?" Suga pushes my tiny body as we walk.

"Aobajohsai." I stopped slightly before laughing.

"Well this will be an interesting game." I muttered under my breath not caring if they heard.

"I have two conditions." I moved out of the boys grips pointing at them.

"What's that?" I pointed over to the small ravenette I called my friend.

"She has to come along, and we have to work around my work schedule with my cousin." I hesitated to give out my second condition since I found it a little embarrassing that I was working under my cousin.

They looked at each other silently debating with each other before nodding my way.

"Than it's settled, I'll help." They began jumping around like children and I crept away knowing my shift starts soon.

After a 5 minute walk I made it to the shop and slid in the door.

"I'm here." I grabbed my apron tying it loosely.

"We only have to put a couple things on he shelf and after that it's just waiting." I nodded and started lifting boxes into the isle they belonged in.

"How was school?" I smiled at Keishin knowing that he was making an effort at caring about my school life.

"It was fine. The volleyball team asked me to help prepare them for a practice game, just till they can get a coach." I could hear the old chair being flung across the space behind the counter as he viciously stood up.

"And you excepted!?" I nodded continuing to put the cans of peaches on the shelf.

"Why would you do that?!" I stood up taking the empty box with me.

"I missed the court, and they need my help. They gave me help when I needed it, I'm only repaying the favour." I could still hear him grumbling as I went into the back to break the box down.