Lihua was right. There was a memory that she just saw which she hadn't seen before. It was of Han Suyin's father, General Han. It showed him getting stabbed with a knife that looks similar to the one Han Xiu was currently holding.

'How is that possible? That means that Han Suyin watched her father get stabbed but didn't get injured herself.'

'Maybe the assassins didn't see her.'

'They are highly skilled people who didn't spare Han Suyin's mother and brother, why would they let her live?'

'They might've thought that Han Suyin wouldn't be able to do anything.'

'Or, she could've been spared since she was the fiancé of the Crown Prince.'

Numerous emotions flashed through Han Xiu's eyes, scaring the soldiers. What did Captain remember?

'Host, you've been thinking for quite a while now, your soldiers are getting worried.'

'Thanks for reminding me, Arlo. Remind me to investigate that matter later.'

'Will do.'

"Right, let me explain a few things first before I let you off to train." Han Xiu's deep voice was heard. "When you're fighting your enemy and they also have a knife, don't expect to get out of there without any injuries."

The soldiers nodded in acknowledgement.

"Even though you can't control whether you'll be hurt, you can control where you'll get hurt." Han Xiu gestured for the soldier who was waiting in the center to come over. "You have to know where it will be dangerous to get hurt. For example, here, here and here." He used his gloved hand and pointed to the soldier's neck, where the carotid artery is, his lungs and of course, his heart.

"You all knew about these, right?" Captain Han asked his group.

A soldier that was standing a bit far away raised his hand.

"Yes?" Han Xiu gestured for him to speak.

"Why did you point at the right side and left side of the chest? Isn't the heart in the left side?" The soldier asked curiously. He looked young, maybe around 16-18. Han Xiu looked around and saw that the others also looked a bit doubtful on why he pointed at both areas of the chest, they just didn't want to ask.

Han Xiu realized that the soldiers didn't really have an idea about human anatomy apart from knowing that the neck and heart were fatal places to stab someone. Also beheading people. Only the physicians and 'godly' doctors knew about the body, and also the male lead.

"Well, inside our chest, we have organs that let us breathe. If you got stabbed there, you will puncture the organ and your blood will start killing you."

"How can our blood kill us?" The young soldier continued to ask.

"Your blood will start filling itself into the organs that are now punctured, causing you to drown in your own blood." Han Xiu patiently explained. "Everyone understand now?"

"Yes, Captain Han!"

"Great!"

Han Xiu proceeded to tell his group about all the places that would be harmless if they were to get stabbed. All the areas which had lots of skin and fat were the areas that they should stick out incase they were about to get stabbed and couldn't dodge it in time.

The soldiers' eyes were shining after Han Xiu explained everything to them in detail and said that they could have free time instead of training. Nobody could believe that this was a newly appointed Captain, but they were surely glad that they were chosen to be trained by him.

...

In the Capital, things were going accordingly to the plot. Xing Yi Chen already developed some feelings for Su Leili and is now finding out that everything that she does makes him happy.

Su Leili was currently attending an event hosted by the Emperor for the arrival of a Prince from Qiangda. Wearing a fancy purple robe with silver linings of clouds, slight makeup, and having a cold temperament, Su Leili sat with her family as she ignored everything that was going on around her.

Several heads turned to look at her, trying to find out if she actually changed like the rumors, or if she was just acting. Su Leili held her head high as she sipped on her tea and talked to her system that nobody else could see.

"BaoBao, why did I even attend? Nothing is happening."

"Li'er remember what your step-sister is going to try to do today?"

"Ugh, whatever. Fine. But I'm leaving as soon as she fails."

"That's good enough for me Li'er."

...

'Arlo?'

'Yes?'

'Su Leili also has a system?'

'That was a surprise for me too.'

'Well then, my expectations for her just became a lot higher.'

'As they should, host.'

Han Xiu chuckled at Arlo while he was in his tent. The laughter breaking the silence of the night.

Won't be long until I come for a visit to the Capital.

Han Xiu thought as he blew his candle and watched the darkness envelope him.

...

Hey guys! Hope you all are safe and healthy! I was planning to have a couple more chapters of Han Xiu/Han Suyin's growth in the military before he/she goes to the Capital.

I hope that the name switching isn't too confusing! If it is then please tell me!

I'm just curious, how did you find out about The Tired Villainess? I would love to know!

Thanks for reading!