The merit of motherhood...

Different vocations call for different skills and diferent levels of expertise. Yet all require commitment. Commitment to work, commitment to proficiency, and commitment to making sure that the outcome of the entrusted task speaks for itself ans whomever completed the task. Especially, when it comes to family...

Setting his feet back in his house, Can realized that he was not only restless and angry for seeing that his mother had returned, but he also feared coming back because there was a possibility of her still being there. Although he was reluctant to admit his fear about it, it was there. And that irritated him even more. He never fathomed that he would come to fear coming back to his own home. Emre had called him and advised him that Hüma returned to her hotel, but that woman was unpredictible. Can meant it when he told Sanem that Hüma's presence was never a sign of good, and that bad things happened whenever she was around.

When he saw Emre in the kitchen, and figured out that Hüma was in fact gone, he breathed a sigh of relief. But he was still as restless as a moment ago. He told Emre that Hüma visited Sanem's community. She met Sanem and Leyla's mother, and showed her true vile character when she confronted Sanem. Emre was not surprised. He also advised Can that Hüma asked him about Sanem as well. Can's already brewing temper just went up a notch. Emre tried to calm him down, and said that he confirmed their relationship to Hüma, and verified that they were beloveds and very much in love.

Can did not want to hear any more of what Hüma did or had to say. But he wondered where could she have found out where Sanem lived. Emre had only one answer. The only possible answer, and the only logical one. Aylin. Ayyy, Can was mad at himself for not figuring that one out for himself. Of course, Aylin. It was as sure as day that Aylin hid under every rock they would come to overturn on their way. She was as vile as Hüma, and just as determined to always get her way. Even more so, if anything bad happened lately, it was a given that Aylin had her claws in it. This time was no different.

Emre knew how Can felt. Though he was involved with Aylin in the past, he began to see that he was just a chess pawn in her sick game. He told Can that Hüma asked him about his relationship with Aylin as well, and that he advised her that their relationship was over. He thought that he would calm Can down. He only angered him even more. There was no reason whatsoever that they would or should have to report their relationships to Hüma. None. The more information they would present to her, the more she would request. The more information she would get, the more she would have in the end to use against them. Worse yet, she would use it to pretend her sincerity to make it appear that she cared, when in actuality she would arrange and rearrange information to fit the end result she had in mind.

It was all getting to be too much to handle for Can. He advised Emre that Hüma must have come back with a plan. She wouldn't have if it wasn't so. Emre replied that maybe there wasn't a plan. Maybe she saw the news about Can's arrest and came back because she worried about him? Can shook his head. Nevermind the reason for her return. She would leave as quick as she came. But Emre shook his head this time. Maybe she wasn't leaving any time soon after all. It appeared that she divorced her last husband and came back to Istanbul. HA! Can exclaimed that Emre just revealed the real reason why Hüma returned. It wasn't out of worry for him at all. It wasn't out of a mother's concern for the wellbeing of her son, or sons. It was her selfish self-absorbed way of looking out for herself, and herself only. She needed a shoulder to cry on. Simple as that.

Emre tried to comfort him and said that as a mother, Hüma did care about him, and worried about him. Emre's words hurt Can more than they angered him. What on earth was Emre talking about? Hüma worried? She worried about him? Ohh, was that a total joke. Why would she worry now? Why now and not back on the day she left him behind? Why now and not on all of his birthdays she missed? Or all the basketball matches she missed? Or all the Mother's Day holidays she missed? Or all the days and nights that he cried for her that she missed? He left those words unspoked but painfully honest in his heart.