Soulmate Au-Itachi

Thank you so much @SADUWUTRASH for helping me find some Soulmate Au!

" Mommy!" You yelled as you were running towards the kitchen where your mother was making dinner. " My ring is blue again!" You whined.

Your mother dusted her hands on her apron before kneeling and taking your hand. "We've gone over this honey." Your mother rubbed the stone on your ring. "Your soulmate is feeling sad."

" Hmph! He better stop being sad all the time! I don't like the color blue!" You pouted. Your mother chuckled at your words.

" Don't be so harsh on your soulmate." Your mother said while ruffling your hair. " We can't help it if we feel sad, we don't have control of our emotions."

" I guess..."

———————

At the age of fifteen you were heavily concerned about your soulmate. Everyday your ring was blue. On the rare occasion it wasn't blue it would be red which meant he was angry or yellow which meant he was happy but it would fade away in mere minutes.

You were looking at the night sky, your hand stretched out to show off your ring. " Although you can't hear me I want you to know I love you." You said smiling. " even though we haven't met, I really do love you."

" I hope whatever your going through gets better but as for right now...I promise to be happy for the both of us." 

———————

Itachi stared at his ring that shined with a deep red.

Love

Itachi looked at his ring in pity. " I'm sorry that you are stuck with me as your soulmate." Itachi rubbed the mood stone on his ring while tears ran down his cheeks. " I carry to many secrets and sins for someone to love me."

" I do not deserve your love."

———————-

" It's for the best if we don't meet again."

You looked at your soulmate in shock. " I don't understand. We just met and you already want to push me away...What did I do wrong?"

"You haven't done anything wrong, it's me." You could see the tears welling up in his eyes. " I have done unforgivable deeds and I will soon pay the price. I do not wish to drag you down in hell with me."

You grabbed your soulmates hand harshly and looked up to his eyes. " As a child I waited my whole life for my ring to turn pink and now that it did you aren't leaving me." Itachi gave a small smile and flicked your forehead. 

" I'm very sorry but it's not your decision to make whether I stay or leave." You were ready to yell at him but you felt your eyes go heavy and your body go numb. " Please don't mull over me." and then everything went black. 

----------------------

It's been months since your encounter with your soulmate and you haven't encountered him since. You've felt empty. Meeting your soulmate was your goal as a child and just for your soulmate to say he doesn't want to meet again shattered you. The promise you've made to the both of you when you were a teenager is now broken.

Itachi would look at his ring and it would shine a deep blue that could be mistaken for black.  Your ring would no longer shine a bright yellow or a deep red but a blue that fills Itachi with guilt. 

" Don't be selfish. Don't. Don't. Don't." Itachi repeated for the hundredth time that day. " Don't walk into her life. Don't. Death follows me. " Itachi would watch over you when he has the chance and today was no different. He was perched in the trees as you were walking back home.  Itachi was your protector.  

----------------------

"Please don't leave me! Not again!" You shouted into Itachi's chest. Itachi's blood stained hands hovered over your back, afraid he'll break you if he touched you. 

"I-I can't you'll be in danger if you stay by me." He sobbed out. Tears rolled down his face as his body was shaking. " I'll die soon and I would only hurt you more." 

"I would always be in danger! Whether your in my life or not." You hugged him even harder as you cried with him. " You stopped this man from hurting me! You protected me!" 

" How can you love me so much when you don't even know my name?" 

" Because I know you went through a lot and you deserve to be loved." He let his hands touch your back and pulled you in closer. " You deserve to be selfish so let yourself be loved."

"But I'll die soon and that would only you bring pain." Itachi tried pushing you away but you held onto him. 

" Don't worry about me. My mother said its better to have loved than to have never loved at all." 

Part 2??? This was supposed to be fluff so why did it come out so angsty :(