Hanahaki disease-Kakuzu

A/n: I feel like it's missing something but I don't know what.

When you had joined the Akatsuki you were still young. Younger than Deidara by a couple of months. Young as you were meant you were naive and could easily be manipulated. Pein took advantage of your naive yourself and sent Kakuzu to convince you to join.

You and Deidara were opposites. He was loud. You were reserved. He was mischievous, like a child or a teen rebelling against his parents. You were proper, acting as if you were older than you were. One thing you both had in common was you two were constantly looking for approval. Both wanted to be praised. Both wanted to please others. Both wanted to be recognized.

You wanted to be loved.

Your parents never loved you. You didn't get the love you needed as a child. That made you naive. You were constantly looking for approval. You did everything to make others happy. You loved it when they showed you gratitude or ruffled your hair as a child. You loved it when they praised you for being a good child.

As you turned to a teen you saw the boys and girls in your village holding hands or kissing and you yearned for that. You wanted to experience a romantic relationship. But you stopped yourself. You didn't want to risk it. You heard what happened when somebody experienced unrequited love. You didn't want to die just yet or lose the ability to love. Instead you read romantic novels and dreamed as if that was you.

At 18 you were assigned a mission from your village. You were on your way to the destination until a man with a mask  approached you.

" How can I help you, sir?" You asked as you discreetly grabbed a kunai from your pocket.

" I've heard so much about you child. All good things. I came on behalf of the leader to invite you to join the Akatsuki."

" I am sorry sir but I have to decline your offer. I am loyal to my village." You responded.

" Oh. But I've heard you were exceptionally strong. Fierce in battle and near unstoppable. The Akatsuki would give you the chance to improve and surpass your limits. Your name would be recognized through out all the villages. You name would be praised and loved." Kakuzu said, emphasizing the word loved.

" Loved...." you whispered. " I-I change my mind, sir. I accept your offer." You said a little to quickly and happily.

"You've made a good choice child. You must be intelligent as well." Kakuzu complimented. He watched as you blushed and smile widely at him.

Your reaction was all he needed to know to figure out your weakness and he was going to exploit it for his own gain.

Within a week of joining the other members looked at you with pity but you didn't notice. You followed Kakuzu like a lost puppy. You did everything he asked of you. You brought him coffee. You did his bed. You made him breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A year in he tested his luck and asked for money. You happily brought out your money and asked him how much. He asked for half and you happily obliged. Instead of ruffling your hair and praising you like usual, he grabbed your cheek and placed a kiss on your lips.

" Your such a good girl. I could see myself fall in love with you." He muttered against your neck.

You looked at him with tear filled eyes.     " Really?" You asked as you clutched onto his arm.

" Yes." He lied to you.

You leaned in for another kiss but he stood up and grabbed the money he just acquired from you and went to his desk to count.

" Close the door on your way out." He said with his back towards you.

You stood up and walked out his room, closing the door just as he had asked.