gina×nini-please dont cry

“Please don’t cry.” Gina looked alarmed as she noticed that NIni’s eyes were filled with tears. “I’m serious. I’m not good with crying people. I never know what to do.”“It’s the end of the show!” Nini wiped at her eyes. “Everyone cries when the show ends!”“Sure, if the show is like Les Mis or something but this is High School Musical. Happy endings only.” Gina looked at her, a little confused. They were the last two in the dressing room, packing up their stuff. Well, Nini was packing up her stuff, Gina had only brought cupcakes (which were now gone) so she was just dawdling, waiting for Nini. When she moved away, Gina had missed Nini the most, which she hadn’t expected. Normally, she was able to cut ties pretty easily when she moved. She just ghosted, like she did with Ricky, and within a few days, they got the message and she moved on. But with Nini, it had been impossible to not respond. She tried, man did she try, but she always ended up replying, which led to very slow (mostly one-sided) conversations. And when EJ texted her, saying he was buying her a plane ticket to come back for opening night, Gina found herself wanting to text Nini the good news. But stopped herself, deciding it’d be better as a surprise (and it was). “No, I mean, like the cast! It’s always sad when the show ends.” Nini explained with a watery laugh. “We got to Denny’s and drown our sorrows in breakfast food.” “Oh…yeah, no, I don’t really cry.” Gina shook her head. “Or do group functions?” “Sure you do!” Nini reached out and grabbed her arm. “You came to Ashlyn’s party! And you came to Big Red’s to help save Ms. Jenn.”“Yeah, you’re right.” Gina nodded, looking at Nini softly. “I guess there’s something about East High.” “Yeah…” Nini said slowly. There was a pause then Nini lunged forward and wrapped Gina in a tight hug. “I really am glad you came back. Nothing’s been the same without you.”Gina stood shocked for a moment before wrapping her arms around Nini. She hadn’t really been expecting any hugs from Nini but two in one day? Totally worth the trip back to Salt Lake right there.

Word count:387