found family-the caswalls×gina

“Hey, Ash? Where’s my yogurt?” EJ had his head stuck in the fridge, searching for his favorite yogurt which he knows was here yesterday. Uncle Dennis made a big deal about buying it for him because he knew it was EJ’s favorite. “I don’t know, EJ.” Ashlyn called back from the couch in the living room where she and Gina were pulling up Netflix for movie night. Thursdays had been EJ and Ashlyn’s “cousin night” for the last two years, and now that Gina was living with his cousin, she was a de facto family member with an automatic invite. “I swear I didn’t eat it though. That stuff is gross.” “It’s not gross! It’s Icelandic and—“ EJ spun around and stared straight at Gina, who was right about to take a bite of yogurt. His yogurt. “Gina!” “Sorry, was this yours?” She asked, not looking sorry at all. She and Ashlyn started cracking up at EJ’s expression.“I can’t believe you ate my yogurt!” EJ was at a loss, but closed the fridge and walked into the living room. “I guess it is true what they say.”“Alright. Calm down, EJ, it’s just yogurt.” Ashlyn rolled her eyes so EJ threw a pillow at her. He flopped into an armchair. “What do they say, drama queen?” Gina snickered into her HIS yogurt.“No good deed goes unpunished,” EJ shook his head, sadly. “I did a good thing and this is my punishment.” He gestured towards the container in Gina’s handsBoth girls started laughing immediately.“It wasn’t even your good deed. Ashlyn’s the one who’s letting me stay with her,” Gina added, taking another bite of yogurt. “Oh shut up, EJ.”“Wow. Really?” Ashlyn threw the pillow back at EJ, who caught it. “Exactly, Ash! Maybe the yogurt thing is just karma from other bad things you’ve done,” Gina added. Ashlyn nodded in agreement and EJ looked between them. They were ganging up on him. “Yeah, which you did to try to make amends for other bad stuff you’ve done.” Ashlyn pointed out, giving him the look at that said “you’re reaching and you’re not making sense”. (He got that look from her a lot). “Yes but it was my plane ticket that brought you back for that to happen,” he argued. “I started the whole thing.” “Nah, I don’t think so.” He shook his head, but he was grinning. It was nice, having a third person there. Ashlyn and Gina glanced at each other then both threw pillows at him and before he knew it, they were in a full-on pillow war.Is this how it was going to be now? If this is how it was going to be now, EJ was okay with it. 

Word count:460