XVI: Regret

Author's POV

Jungkook and Tae avoided each other for a week.

Jungkook didn't want to cross paths with Tae so he'd arrive to class 5 minutes late every day. He avoided all eye contact with Tae because his omega had finally accepted him and he didn't want to ruin it by his lust towards Tae.

Tae kept his head down in class, he didnt want to look at Jungkook and soften his heart for the alpha. Jungkook was always mean to Tae in human form anyway.

----

Hobi was hanging around Tae and Yoongi more and more with each passing day. He came to accept that Tae wouldn't allow him to become more than just a friend. Yoongi warmed up to him and the 3 together would always laugh at the smallest stupidest things. Tae liked this, having a friend at school felt nice.

Hoseok was still unaware to Tae's omega gender, and Tae wasn't ready to tell him. He didn't know if he could confide in him yet. This alpha almost mated him so Tae was reluctant to fully trust him.

The three of them would head to Jimin's family
shop after class every day. And for their sake Tae would always take a bandana that Yoongi would carry around, for scent purposes, so he could leave peacefully with Hobi and give the 2 mates time alone.

Today in particular Jimin was very excited, his cousin was coming over. And he warned Hobi not to swarm her. He informed Hobi that she is an omega, 16 years old, and very skittish. Hobi let Jimin know that he is not intrested in harassing omegas, which Tae mentally scoffed to.

The three of them were sitting at a table eating, when Jimin received a message on his phone.

"She's here'" he yelled overjoyed.

Jimin stepped out of the kitchen, Tae and Yoongi stayed seated, and Hoseok went to the bathroom.

When Jimin came back a short female was standing behind him with black hair, a small frame, and the smallest face he had ever seen. She smelled like peaches and honey.

Tae cooed at how cute this girl was.

The scars on her arms didn't go unoticed, but neither Tae nor Yoongi dared to ask about them.

Hoseok's POV

I heard the door close when Jimin came back in, i'm guessing his little cousin was already with him because i could hear Tae cooing.

I was washing my hands and then it hit me.

Peaches. Honey.

"Mate" i whispered. Its finally happening my mate is near.

I had to follow the scent

I stopped in my tracks as the smell led me back to the kitchen.

Jimin's 16 year old cousin is my mate. She was beautiful. A small face, black hair, a waist small enough to wrap a ribbon around it, small frame, porcelain skin, and round doe eyes.

She smiled at me when she saw me as to greet me.

"No." I gasped soft enough for only Yoongi to hear.

He stood up when he saw my eyes flash black. Everyone was back to admiring my mates beauty. I took a step forward.

Tae saw me and stood in front of me, i had never been angry at Tae except for this very moment, i wanted to throw him to the other side of the room. Yoongi took my arm and pulled me to the next room.

I knew they were protecting both of us so i bowed my head to Tae and Yoongi admitting defeat.

I cried tears of joy but also of sadness, "i found my mate guys, but it's too early for us..." the bittersweet moment crushing my heart.

Yoongi nodded.

Tae sighed.

I was calm now, they took me to the other room and Jimin introduced us. I immediately saw her arms had one too many scars on them. She saw my gaze focusing on her arms and she hid them behind her small frame.

Jimin noticed what i was looking at and explained. "She's been getting them since she was 13, her mate's an asshole. Doctors said it was due to her mate fucking other people."

I looked to the floor tears flooding my eyes once again."I did that to her" i thought to myself.

I got on my knees in front of Jimin and apologized.

Author's POV

Everyone noticed her arms before Hoseok walked in.

Jimin was shocked he didn't understand why Hobi,was on the floor, he looked to Yoongi and Yoongi only looked to the ground.

And then it clicked in Jimin's mind. He was furious.

Jimin slapped the alpha, "do you know how much pain you put her through? Look at her!" He slapped Hoseok again everyone too stunned to do anything. "Momo's body is covered in scars!" He looked at Hobi with disgust. "You fucking piece of shit she's only 16 and she's had to endure 3 years of this shit because of you! What a fucking mate." Jimin spat.

He raised his hand again Hoseok was only staring at the ground, taking the slaps willingly because he could never be punished enough to make up for what he had done.

Hoseok was waiting for the slap, but it never came. He looked up to find his omega crouched in front of him and facing him with a smile.

Hoseok broke down he cried unconsolably, it's all he could do, he didn't dare touch her out of shame.

She embraced him. "You're ok oppa everyone makes mistakes." She spoke softly into his ear only making Hoseok sob harder. "Look at me oppa." She ordered smiling at her future mate. "I wont let Jimin hyung hurt you anymore." She told Hobi.

Hoseok looked up at her hiccupping from the crying. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me, i'll do anything" he pleaded with trembling lips.

"We'll be ok alpha, but you have to wait for me." She said with a soft grin. "Promise you'll wait for me alpha." She said.

Hoseok hugged her back "i promise" he whispered.

The room went silent, Jimin felt some remorse for slapping Hoseok but he still felt the alpha deserved it.

Yoongi walked towards his mate. "He deserved it." Yoongi comforted Jimin.

"I know", Jimin replied.

Tae was silent the whole time, he could only think of the 10 scars engraved on his legs.

His alpha's smirk rushing through his mind.

"I need to reject him and find a new mate" Tae whispered to himself.

----------------------------

And thaaaaaats the way the news goes. 🐷