A Good Day

I slightly opened my eyes. Mrs. Diyn was still talking to the class about some strange topic. It was at the point if you haven't been listening, you'd be lost. Luckily she didn't notice me sleeping the entire time.

"Okay. For the last twenty minutes of class, I have a worksheet for you to do." One unified groan eminated from the class. I don't know how she didn't see it coming. "By the way. You'll be working in partners!" Everyone in the class started moving around. Until she finished. "I'm choosing the pairs." Everyone groans one last time.

I don't know anyone in the class. My only hope is the person I'm paired with knows how to do this. She started pairing people up. "Okay Steven. You can be paired with.... Anthony." I didn't know who that was.

"Which one?" The guy with the Mario hat asked.

"You... Chilled. The other Anthony can pair up with John over there" She clarified. I started to get all my stuff together and move but Chilled was here before I even got up.

"So you're Steven right? I'm Chilled or Anthony." He put out his hand. Reluctantly, I did the same. Even though we've been in the same classes since fifth grade, this is the first time we've ever talked to each other.

"I don't suppose you're good with fractions?"

He let out a small laugh. "Nope... My skills lie amongst....other things" he slyly stated. I notice the faint accent he had. Being as lame as I am, I can't really tell what it is.

"I'm sure we'll figure it out." I assured, not asking about those 'other things'.

We both worked together and finished pretty early. I still belive I did it all wrong, but Chilled said it might possibly have a chance to be right perhaps. Not reassuring at all.

"So... Tell me about yourself." Chilled said, writing his name after we finished. I remembered to do it fifteen minutes ago.

"Like what?"

"I don't know.... How old are you?" I rolled my eyes.

"We're both in 6th grade. We're the same age." I inquiered, pushing his hat off.

(° ͜ʖ ° yup...let's assume!

"Okay true true. I see your point. How about... Where are you from? Do you have any Brothers and Sisters? Are you Gay?" Chilled began spewing out questions after picking up his hat. His blackish-brown hair was messy and honestly looked kinda cute.

"Canada, A sister, and no. You wish." I answered truthfully. Well, except on the last one.

"Canadian eh'?" Chilled acknowledged, "I'm Italian." Well, there's the accent. "So when class began, you said you wanted to be a Youtuber?"

"Yeah.." I replied, somewhat depressed on the whole topic. I really hope Mrs.Diyn doesn't tell Mom or Dad...

"It seems pretty cool. Honestly, it's something I consider." Chilled spoke a bit quieter. Whenever people talk about wanting to start doing Youtube, they treat it like doing a drug. 'Never do it, that path leads no where.' Mrs.Diyn worded it herself.

The announcements began playing. For the last three days, they've had the exact same information. Looks like the streak will continue today. Girls Basketball, Chess Club, Craft Fair, nothing I'm interested in. At last the final words "car riders" played. I got up, picking up my red backpack. "Well it's been fun." I smirked before getting up and making for the door.

"Good day to you Canada!" He joked from his desk.

"Bye Italy!" I chuckled before leaving the small classroom.

'Today was a good day...'

_____________

The tough part is finding words to subsitute 'said'.