Sooner Then You Think

I backed up a bit to face Chilled's slightly amused eye with my confused ones. "I, wait...you.." I fumbled, unable to think of the correct words. "You...knew!?"

     "Yeah, I do." Chilled stated calmly.

     "But...how?"

     "I have my ways Steven. I could tell just by looking at you." I looked at him with curious eyes.

     "Really?" He shook his head.

     "No. I came over to your house a week or two ago and you weren't there. Your mom said you and your dad were checking your flight for collage next year."

     "Yeah that makes more sense." I murmured, feeling slightly embarassed that I made such a big deal out of this whole thing. My dad and I checked the flight two days after we found out I'd be leaving. In fact, that means Chilled's known for about two weeks as well. 

     "So I have a plan: I want to get a job, at least a part time one. That way I could  make enough money to fly to California with you in August." He suggeted.

      "Wait, you don't know when I move there?" I asked

      "When do you move?" Chilled questioned with faint unease in his voice.

     "I don't  leave in August, I leave tomorrow!" I exclaimed, causing Chilled's eyes to widen.

     "..Oh." He said, no doubt at a loss of words. He put his right hand to his chin, as if he was trying to think about another angle, another idea. But he finally slightly raised both hands in defeat. "I can't think of anything." He confirmed his lack of ideas.

     "So I guess I won't see you for quite a while." I spoke quietly.

     "Well, it's not like this is forever!" Chilled said optimistically. I unfortuantly couldn't share his buoyancy. "Hey." I looked up, which I didn't even notice I've been looking down. He had his arms stretched wide open. I gladly moved towards him. My arms moved to wrap around his neck, with some difficulty due to the hight difference. We both remained in this position for what felt like only a second, but probably was at least a minute before releasing. My phone vibrated from inside my pocket. I reach though the robes and into my back pocket after we parted.

     "Hello?"

     "Hey Steven, we're at the car. Do you want to come home with us or spend time with your friend?" Mom questioned. Both my parents definitely knew I wasn't the most social person, but kept in mind that I do have a few friends. If I never went to Chilled's house from time to time, they probably would belive I was completely antisocial.

     "I think I want to spend time with Anthony." I admitted. There was mostly silence on the line until her voice returned for one more time.

     "Okay, but remember: Your flight leaves tomorrow at 12:00 p.m." I nodded, thinking how 12:00 tomorrow isn't very far from now. I was about to hang up, but mom beat me to it. 

     "I was planning to invite some people over." Chilled noted.

     "How many people?" I asked.

     "Oh not many people! Only Smarty, Tom, and Galm." He listed. I gave a nod, but noticed there were a few more, "And maybe Adam. And Gassy. And Possibly Minx. Meaning If Minx comes, she may bring Krism. And Gassy might bring his girlfriend over as well." He continued several times.

     "Is that everyone?" He paused, probably thing if he missed anyone.

     "Yeah, I think so." He finally stated. 

     "What about your parents?"

     "Both of them will be out. Meaning the house is ours! But they will have to drive us home first." 

     "Yeah I guess this could be fun. I mean, I won't see any of them for a while after this so: Let's go!" I cheer, following Chilled to his parent's car. This'll probably be fun, I mean: What could possibably go wrong?

______________________________________________

I changed my idea for this chapter at the last second, meaning I had to change up what I wrote!

Next Part May Be A While: I Intend To Make It Long....