Chapter Ten - Second First Kiss

Chapter Ten – Second first kiss

“Come with me I want to show you something.” Taking me by the hand Hemming started to run through the house again.

“Hemming do you ever walk, all we seem to do is run.” With a true belly laugh he responded with such a happy tone that my face instantly burst into a smile.

“You have been gone for two years; there is a lot to catch up on. Why walk when running is so much fun.”

Running to the furthest part of the building we start to ascend a large spiral stair case, the stairs seemed to go on forever they were so steep I wondered where we was heading. Reaching the top of the stairs I inhale a sharp breath at the sight in front of me; Hemming had brought me to the top of the lighthouse. There was a large window seat that went all the way around the round structure; a thick plush carpet was beneath my feet. I thought the view from my bedroom was stunning but this was breath taking, 360 degree views of outstanding beauty mostly you have sea views that go on for miles. Yet just beyond the building below you can see the expanse woodland that makes the horizon look rugged and edgy. “Hemming this is amazing.”

The smile on his face is so contagious you can’t help but join him when he looks at you with it. “This was our secret spot when we were little. We made forts and camps up here; our mothers use to read us stories up here of pirates and mermaids, witches and dragons. We use to relive the scenes; create the characters from the stories. You were always the bad guy Willow you liked to play the pirate and make me play the mermaid; I don’t know if you just liked winding me up and liked me being the girl or there was some part of you that liked to be the polar opposite of who you were in real life. We had fun back then that was before we started growing up and friends got in the way and our lives change. We went through a phase of not talking, I got a different girlfriend we must have been 12 at the time, you was trying to wind me up by not going to the wolf dance with me you said that you was going to go with your best friend Tommy and that I wasn’t allowed to go with you because Tommy wasn’t my friend. So I went with Lucy who had decided that on the night of the dance she was going to kiss me in the middle of the dance. You went mad Willow, you pulled the girl off of me and growled so loud I thought you might transform right there and then. That was the night we had our first kiss Willow right here on this spot 7 years ago. You dragged me away from the ball and brought us up to the light tower”

Smiling he stood in front of me holding my hand. “I missed you Willow.” Leaning in he gently put his lips on mine slowly kissing me he began to pull away but I didn’t let him, I leaned in putting more pressure into the kiss deepening it making it more passionate. Hemming had my first kiss as a child; I wanted to have my first kiss that I remembered too. The kiss was so soft yet the feeling I had was of pure passion; I have heard people say kissing creates fireworks in your belly but this was different there was no fireworks just a pure pleasure and a sense of belonging that I have never felt. Kissing Hemming was like being at home I felt loved and needed, like I was the one thing that kept him alive. It was like I was breathing for the first time; it felt right and I knew then and there that this is who I was meant to be with. Maybe that was what was meant by the term mate. Hemming had just given me my second first kiss and it felt amazing.

Pulling away a goofy smile plastered on my face I look up at Hemming who has a similar smile on his face too. “Wow.” The smile on his face just got bigger at my comment.

“It’s always been like that Willow, I envy the fact you got to feel that for the first time again. I really have missed you, you know.” Pulling me into a warm embrace Hemming just held me for a few minutes before sitting on one of the window seats taking in the amazing view from the tower.