Chapter Eight - Pack House

Chapter Eight – Pack house

Staring at the large light house in front of me im in a state of shock, I never thought the largest stronghold in the earth kingdom would be a lighthouse. The naturally wooden structure was a thing of beauty the light beaming over the bay beneath the cliffs it stood on; the sound of the ocean crashing down below and the smells of the sea are so refreshing washing my senses. It was the first time I had seen and heard the sea since I woke up; I have no idea if I had seen it before but the call to go running in is so strong I have to physically stop myself from moving any direction other than towards the wooden door. Walking into the large open foyer the natural light from the sun filled the entrance from the large domed glass ceiling above us. The way the sun light washed over the large double staircase was a thing of wonder, slowly turning I try to take every little detail in the black wrought iron handrail that wove its way up the staircase like a snake on a branch, the corridors leading off of the foyer  wooden doors scattered along them.

“You like it then.” Hemming’s breath on my neck made my shudder in pleasure as he whispers in my ear. Simply nodding I was still in a state of awe at the house to take in my body’s natural response to Hemming.

Turning to face him I smile broadly at him, “So which rooms mine?” The beautiful chuckle that came from his mouth was one of pure pleasure and so unexpected that it made me laugh too.

“Come on then I will show you.” Taking my hand we ran up the stairs two at a time we head down one of the large corridors on the second floor getting to the end Hemming stops at the door to the right and holding the handle.

“Are you sure you want to see this room we could tour the house, the grounds first.” The smirk on his face gave away the fact he was teasing me, not wanting to wait any longer I took the handle for myself. I couldn’t have prepared myself for what I see in front of me the naturally wooden clad room looked like a log cabin; the four poster wooden bed caught my attention first carved with scenes from the forest wolves chasing animals from the headboard to the footboard. Smaller animals like rabbits wove their way up the beams of the bed before reaching the cream folds of material that fell over the top of the bed to create the luxurious surroundings of the bed. The bedding was of cream silks with furs of what looked like deer on the end creating a scene of decadence and elegance. Taking in more of the room I notice the candles surround the majority of the walls in sconces or on tables, the large windows had views of the sea and the bay below the light house walking over I stand at just watch the waves crash over the rocks below. The view gave me a feeling of calm in a way that my tranquil lake did at home on the air kingdom the water was so different it moved it had a life unlike my lake that was at a dormant state of calm almost waiting for trouble to shatter the illusion of its stillness. The sea seemed to battle against the shore line as the waves crashed against the rocks yet the slow smaller waves seemed to tenderly touch the sand in a very slow calm manner so opposite to the ferocious larger wave’s further back from the shore.

Coming to join me at the window Hemming also seemed lost in his own thoughts looking at the view out of the panoramic window. It seemed to me like a living canvas a perfect view of a moving scenario. “Stunning isn’t it?”

“Breath taking Hemming; this room is amazing when did it become mine.” The room seemed perfect for me the natural tones of wood had so much depth but was not heavy or dark it was so cleverly done I feel I should thank who had designed it.