Chapter Nine - Hemming's Mum

Chapter Nine – Hemming’s mum

Entering the large open planned kitchen/ dining room I noticed a short brunette standing over a large saucepan stirring and singing to herself. The tune she hummed seemed so familiar I began to hum in time with the lady at the stove. She span instantly at the sound of my voice joining her own, “Tsuki, your home.” She barley breathed my name before she started to walk towards me pulling me into me a warm embrace. Hugging me so tightly I let myself go and just enjoyed the first sort of motherly affection I have been shown since I woke up. Inhaling her she seemed so familiar I could almost recall being younger and being here, but I don’t know if I am now just wishing I knew the life that Hemming had described.

“Hemming stay away from that pot.” Without breaking the hug she seemed to know where everyone was in the kitchen, the look on Hemming’s face at being busted was hilarious.

“Mum we haven’t stopped running for 6 hours were starving, I’m a growing wolf you know.” With a clip round the ear she bumped him with her hip out of the way of the pot.

“Tough little one, food will not be ready for a couple of hours yet its venison stew.” Stirring in a few herbs from the side and a final stir of the stew Hemming’s mum put the lid on the extremely large saucepan.

“Excuse me, Mrs Fox but I don’t know your first name but is it possible to have some form of lunch. Hemming is right we have been on our feet for hours and some food would be very much needed, we ate a few stale rolls at just gone midnight and we haven’t eaten since. Also would it be a lot to ask if you called me Willow, I know it’s not my birth name but it’s the only name I have gone by since my memory was taken.” Giving her my best smile I look over at Hemming whose mouth was hung open.

“Oh darling my name is Amber sorry I should of thought about that before, as for the food I will make you both a sandwich now that dinner is sorted I have more room. Oh lordy you two being back together is going to make me lose my hair. Just like the old days” With a soft smile she kept looking from the two of us. “I have missed this, the two of you making trouble me trying to clear up the pieces before you both got out of hand. I’m glad your back Willow this must be hard to take it all in but I promise it will get easier, I hope you will come to realise this is your home too.” With quick hands she made four sandwiches, two for each of us. Handing us two plates of food she gave us a huge grin. “Now you two get out of my kitchen before I find something for you both to do.” Chuckling to herself she shooed us out of the kitchen.